Lower it or leave it?

Mooring Product

I just don't care
I was very happy with how my truck did at Moroso this weekend. I believe I was one of the fastest in Pro II but not 100% sure. The suspension is dialed in perfect. No wheel hop ect. I was thinking about getting ride of my 35's and going to 33's but that will look stupid with a 4" lift. My first idea was to get a set of factory leaf spring add a leveling kit and take out the 1.5 block in the rear. Second idea is to see what weight my current M/T tires are and see about finding a lighter tire. I believe my M/T are 13 inch wide and the nitto's are 12.5 wide making it lighter. Third idea is to leave it alone and spend my money on more upgrades such as a Tornado, stickers and nitro fill. Whats your opinion?

Interesting, I am looking for a 4" lift, and some 35's. I have 33.5's, (295's) right now. I am paying off the truck friday, and I figure its been stock height long enough. Mine is also an 03. I have run mine down the track as much as I want to, (I will still be doing a turbo and injectors, but just for me, not to try and be the fastest 6.0, thats not going to happen), and when I looked at my ground speed of 606 KNOTS yesterday I figured, I go fast enough everyday. If your serious, you can have my stock springs, although getting them to ya would probably be cost prohibitive.

Dalpilot said:
Interesting, I am looking for a 4" lift, and some 35's. I have 33.5's, (295's) right now. I am paying off the truck friday, and I figure its been stock height long enough. Mine is also an 03. I have run mine down the track as much as I want to, (I will still be doing a turbo and injectors, but just for me, not to try and be the fastest 6.0, thats not going to happen), and when I looked at my ground speed of 606 KNOTS yesterday I figured, I go fast enough everyday. If your serious, you can have my stock springs, although getting them to ya would probably be cost prohibitive.

I think the 4" is great with 35" tires. I raced two other stock suspension CC fords and got them by .20 in the 1/4 and I still have my stock exhaust minus Kitty. I ran a 14.38 but want to get into the high 13's. Exhaust and NOS and be done with it I guess.

I am low to mid 13's without the NOS, so you are right in the ballpark. Get the exhaust, and that will help a bunch. The fuel system from DJ will give you a lot more low end. I am VERY happy I did it, its like a different truck.

Mooring Product said:
I was very happy with how my truck did at Moroso this weekend. I believe I was one of the fastest in Pro II but not 100% sure. The suspension is dialed in perfect. No wheel hop ect. I was thinking about getting ride of my 35's and going to 33's but that will look stupid with a 4" lift. My first idea was to get a set of factory leaf spring add a leveling kit and take out the 1.5 block in the rear. Second idea is to see what weight my current M/T tires are and see about finding a lighter tire. I believe my M/T are 13 inch wide and the nitto's are 12.5 wide making it lighter. Third idea is to leave it alone and spend my money on more upgrades such as a Tornado, stickers and nitro fill. Whats your opinion?

leave it!!!! :rockwoot:

It sure doesn't look lowered. How does one lower a leaf sprung 4x4 F250? I think this subject has been beaten to death.

Mooring Product said:
It sure doesn't look lowered. How does one lower a leaf sprung 4x4 F250? I think this subject has been beaten to death.

not in my avatar but currently its lowered 5" in the rear and 1.5" in the front...i guess i didnt really mean unbroken style (slammed) bring the front down to stock and play with the rear springs and blocks till its level.$.02

So with a 4" body lift 35s are the way to go? just asking myself since I am going with 4" body lift and have 33s so need some insight from you guys.

nummit said:
A 4" body lift?!?!?!?!?!!! Good luck making that work

I think the main reason Freddy's truck will have a body lift is to accomodate the very large TN bling-blingin twins under the hood.

I think the way it is being done, it will look fine.

Truck will need 315s Freddy. :poke:

freddyfast9 said:
So with a 4" body lift 35s are the way to go? just asking myself since I am going with 4" body lift and have 33s so need some insight from you guys.

youre gonna need bigger tires man... 315s like garrett said