MAC + (VMware Fusion | Parallels) + Windows = Working EFILive?

JasonCzerak

Basically the title asks the question. Does EFILive work well on a virtual instance of windows 7 running on a MAC?

Same scenario but in Linux, does not work. I need to play with it some more. Go to the efilives forum, there's been discusion there about Mac.

Yes, we have Mac users running either bootcamp or parallels successfully with EFILive.

Infact, if you talk with Ryan, he's running his tuning business from an Apple Mac. Not sure if he uses bootcamp, VMware Fusion, or Parallels - you might need to ask him

Cheers
Cindy

I curtently tune on a windows based laptop but my PC is Linux running windows7 in virtualbox. The problem I face is gaining control of the USB ports from within virtualbox. I tried running EFILive software directly on Linux with wine and had better luck. My laptop is running windows XP which is fairly stable so I haven't felt pressed to switch to Linux. I got torched by vista and 7 hasn't proven itself to me yet.

Last edited:
I'm fine with VMware Player and any windows OS that I choose to run in the player. Full pass-through for the USB ports without any issues.

Yes, we have Mac users running either bootcamp or parallels successfully with EFILive.

Infact, if you talk with Ryan, he's running his tuning business from an Apple Mac. Not sure if he uses bootcamp, VMware Fusion, or Parallels - you might need to ask him

Cheers
Cindy

Thank you!