mach6-7 street truck?

lco

was wondering how many out there are running mach6s and 7s on the street with a single turbo. how do they drive, can you drive around blowin coal everywhere. how about highway speeds, is it hard to keep it from hazing at 60-80mph.

mach 7s here and i can make it smoke as much as i want or not at all. daily driven and they run cool. highest egts with everything off is 1250, cruise at 800 and i have a silver bullet 66. i absolutly love them. they do smoke everytime the tranny shifts and the boost drops but not to bad. you can definetly drive them on the street if thats what your asking

lco said:
can you drive around blowin coal everywhere?
Yes, but don't be a dick and do chit like that.

how about highway speeds, is it hard to keep it from hazing at 60-80mph.
Mine barely hazes at all if you roll in to it. Mashing the go peddle at low boost doesn't help it spool any faster or make friends with fellow travelers either. Spools much better if you apply some modulation to the right foot when you are in a hurry.

oops i mean can you drive around WITHOUT blowing coal everywhere. how about fuel mileage?

lco said:
oops i mean can you drive around WITHOUT blowing coal everywhere. how about fuel mileage?
yes you can drive without any smoke . as far as fuel milage goes, i am getting roughly 16 to 17 mpg when i drive very good and normal but i got a heavy foot and they will suck down the diesel. if i drive it hard, i only get about 250 miles out of an entire take, being i am a 1 ton and almost have a 32 gallon tank. but i if i drive normal, i can get close to 500 miles a tank.

Absolutely, with a little common sense they are easily streetable. My mileage didn't really change from stock to 2s to 4s to 6s. It has gotten 16mpg since I drove it off the lot.

7's are streetable, they don't smoke or haze much at all, but you have to learn how to drive with them, they can smoke alot, and with a 66mm charger i ran the truck with OD off until about 60mph with my tight tranny. And i use to drive the truck alot every day.

I had M6's and they are being made into M7's. I have twins, so not exactly what you are looking for, but yes they are very streetable. I can make all the smoke I want with them, but if I roll into the throttle I can get up and moove with very little smoke. Over the last 24+K miles I averaged 18mpg with my M6's.

With a big single if you roll into the throttle and keep your rpm's up I think you will like either stick.:rockwoot:

agreed with everything said here. i have something bery similar to the 7's...7x.012's
smokes there if you want it, very controllable if you dont. but you will have to drive with your foot, not just floor it to get it to light up.

in the winter, if you have cold weather (like 0-10 degrees) they're pretty smokey at startup...i had a set of RV275's that i ran in the winter.

I had 6.5s and with the box off i had to try and make them smoke , very streetable

Well, I just got my Mach 7's in and they are very streetable. there is some white smoke when the engine is cold, but once warmed up they are very clean. you just have to roll into the throttle and you are good. :rockwoot:

lol...you should see how much my 5.8's smoke on startup....that low compression does not want to light very well!!!

I'd have to say it's the low compression on yours Cliff. I will see how much more smoke they make when it gets really cold out.:pop: