major problem...need help?

Turbo_69

Guys, I really did it tonight. I was doing a quick run on the hwy with a buddy , ran it out to about 115 keeping a close eye on the pyro. It got up to 1500 so I backed out and slowly got back it into when it krept back down to 1100-1200 and thats when all hell broke loose. It started vibtating like i was hittin those little groves on the side of the road. I instantly slowed down and nothing but pure white smoke out of the stack. Oil came out of the back of the valve cover and all down the back of the block/front of tranny. It appears to have tried to pressure up and seep out all the way around the valve cover. I have no fuel in the oil as it is low, not overfilled. I initially thought ok maybe turbo, but the wheel feels great and theres no oil in the tube going to the intercooler. I know I have a major internal problem I pulled the valve cover and all the pushrods/ rockers looked ok to the best of my knowledge(not much btw lol!)......Has anybody seen these reactions....Melted piston????....scorched cylinder????....crap i dont know what do yall think? This is a freakin nightmare!:bang

Oh by the way this was with a smaty tnt sw#7 and a dr.p predator on the high setting......stock turbo/lift pump/cp3/injectors...no rail gauge..im a freakin moron....

Any opinions, suggestions, or help might help sleep a tad bit better

Sounds to me like you hung an injector wide open and possably melted on or more pistons. Sorry to tell you bad news but then again I could be wrong.

Joe

Yeah thats what i was afraid of just didnt know where to start I guess pullin the head will for sure be the next thing to do. This did just happen so I might have a buddy with a boroscope check it for me first. Hopefully it just burn a small hole or two he had to replace 3 of his pistons and its runnin good maybe ill get lucky and just have to replace a couple of pistons I cant afford a hole new block. What a new piston and any hardware needed cost?

piston is $150ish with rings. Then you need bearings and gaskets.

Another one bites the dust! You won't need a new block, but maybe a little cylinder work, u should be running a better lift pump and turbo with those electronic mods.

Mine done the same thing a while back head was ruint and had to punch the block over and sleve it

Yep that's what I was afraid of I'm gonna pull the injectors since you have to do that anyway,and scope it this evening.

my brother dropped a valve seat in his 03 and when the head was off found 4 cracked pistons do to his TST digital EGT gauge being 300-400* low. He bought a new head from cummins $1000, then picked up a set of low mileage stock pistons with new rings and bearings and gaskets and assemble it ourselves with about 800 in parts.

You can be cheap if you know someone that can help you PROPERLY assemble an engine. Just remember, that if you don't get your clearances right, you'll be paying someone to do it again.

Very true I have two buddys that are diese mechanics one of whom I know has had to do this on his truck so with there knowledge I think it's gonna be about what's wrong and what it's gonna cost. I'm not even sure I will keep this truck but if I do I'm gonna stud it and cam it while I'm in there any other suggestions while it's tore down?

doesnt a little 2 stroke in the tank help to prevent an injector from sticking.

Back