makin plans for 500hp

NitroRustler41

alright, I am sorry if this topic is like beating a dead horse, but I have been surfin this place for a while, and would like a few things cleared up.

first off, I will be buying a manual 12v 4x4 truck by this spring/summer, and I am puttin a parts list together.

can the stock lift pump handle 500hp, or is a FASS in order?

I am planning on doin a #0 plate, and maybe 90hp injectors. EGT's will be a problem. is a #0 plate by itself too much for the stock turbo?

where do I buy the delivery valves from? will those be needed for 500 hp? will the 181's worth it?

what turbo can take a 150 shot of nitrous and maybe some water/meth. i was told a 62/14 would work great, but is the s300g durable enough?

what company makes reasonably clean 90+ hp injectors.

any questions answered will be greatly appreciated.

alright, I am sorry if this topic is like beating a dead horse, but I have been surfin this place for a while, and would like a few things cleared up.

first off, I will be buying a manual 12v 4x4 truck by this spring/summer, and I am puttin a parts list together.

I am planning on doin a #0 plate, and maybe 90hp injectors. EGT's will be a problem. is a #0 plate by itself too much for the stock turbo?

where do I buy the delivery valves from? will those be needed for 500 hp? will the 181's worth it?

what turbo can take a 150 shot of nitrous and maybe some water/meth. i was told a 62/14 would work great, but is the s300g durable enough?

My buddie that I live with has a 97 with no plate and custom cut delivery valves by Columbus Diesel in ohio. Had the timing advanced and has injectors. He is running the stock charger for now. He had a few more things but cant thing of them off the top of my head. Runs pure #2 diesel and is 1 bad@$$ truck.

Fass not needed

Why not bigger injectors if you are doing the supporting mods?

181s will do it. The good thing is they may come in the truck.

Driving, towing, or ...? 62mm S300s are good chargers. There are lots of variations.Why 150 shot of NO2 if you are only going for 500hp?

DDP

Maybe that will help.

Well i'm running no plate,370 injectors,a little timing,and a few pump mods,and stock turbo,i made 439hp on the dyno, it's not very hard to make 500hp just a little money and thats :bangwat i aint got

stock lift pump is fineI am planning on doin a #0 plate, and maybe 90hp injectors. EGT's will be a problem. is a #0 plate by itself too much for the stock turbo?

a 0 plate and 90hp injectors will get hot, but it will be okay.

www.puredieselpower.com or www.peakdieselperformance.com both sell delivery valves. 181's will be fine, also if you for 96-98 12v your pump will have 181's from the factory.

a 62/14 should be fine, the s300 has many different variants.

ddp probably makes some of the cleanest injectors for a 12v.

a 96-98 5spd with a 16.5* timing, a 10,0 or 100 plate full forward, and a 62/71/14 and a set of ddp 90hp injectors should deffinetly be 500hp or very close.

I run a set of DDP 90 hp injectors and I have been nothing but pleased with the injectors. I still have a stock turbo even after all my mods the egts are still manageable. The stock lift pumps are good for quite a bit of power, im not sure were the limit is.

Get your injectors extrude honed to whatever percentage over stock you want. They will be cheaper.

excellent. thanks a million guys.

i had ddp's on my list originally, but i heard some not so good things, so i got weary.

so, I can completley remove the fuel plate? and that would be the same as a #0 right?

also..... you said that 90's, and 0 plate with stock charger would get hot....but what if I got a hx40 compressor, and put a lil 50 shot of nitrous on it to cool it down a bit more. could I keep my foot in it the whole way down the 1/4 mile then???

man, I heard it was easy to make big power with these trucks, but this seems almost elementary!!!! hahaha thanks again!

DDPs are good

i run flies and make 500..mind you this includes tuning of the P pump.... BUT.....I wouldnt remove the plate, id just go with a zero...

For 500 TOWABLE this is what i run...

Rips twins, crossdrilled gate on the 35, gate adjusted to open at 24psi on the 35
16.5 degrees of timing
100 plate full forward
AFC at 1/2 forward
4K GSK
Industrial Dfly injectors (150 horse) bout 60 over 370s at the wheels
181 dvs

Should i want more i just add the 191s i have here, but with that setup, i have a towable 500 horse rig that can run with most of them.. and still get 18-21 mpg on the highway... and tow 12000 without overheating, and sky high egts...

DDPs are good

i run flies and make 500..mind you this includes tuning of the P pump.... BUT.....I wouldnt remove the plate, id just go with a zero...

For 500 TOWABLE this is what i run...

Rips twins, crossdrilled gate on the 35, gate adjusted to open at 24psi on the 35
16.5 degrees of timing
100 plate full forward
AFC at 1/2 forward
4K GSK
Industrial Dfly injectors (150 horse) bout 60 over 370s at the wheels
181 dvs

Should i want more i just add the 191s i have here, but with that setup, i have a towable 500 horse rig that can run with most of them.. and still get 18-21 mpg on the highway... and tow 12000 without overheating, and sky high egts...

what clutch do you run?

btw, is that your truck for sale?

do you guys think the stock input shaft and a con ofe clutch could hang with the mods I plan on?

what clutch do you run?

btw, is that your truck for sale?

do you guys think the stock input shaft and a con ofe clutch could hang with the mods I plan on?

Call South Bend Clutch and Peter will tell you what you need in the way of a clutch and if you need a input shaft.

500 HP build a single will get a little hotter than a small set of twins.
injector 5 X .014 set at 275 bar.
DV's 191, or 022
Holders .75 or .93
Timing 16 to 17
S300 62/65 for a single or HX35 over a S366
4 inch exhaust and don't forget the gauges.
you will need some type of traction bars and a positraction or locker.
That should get you close on just #2

valair inc single disk..

better value and better than southbend overall in my honest opinion..

Later has a darn good setup for 500 horses, i would just change the s366 to an s400, and stick with stock dvs unless u have a smaller pump..

Rick

I put down 532hp 983tq on this setup on a 96 180hp pump
super b special 64/71/14
Junk 370's
timed 18
laser cuts
100 style plate

What about a 95 with 215 injectors and the fuel plate slid foward. Whats the most power I could make on the stock turbo with some what reasonable egts? I'd imagine not to much more then what the HYs are maxing out at.

It put down 236 rwhp, and some where around 580 rwtq... I can't remember the exact tq number.