Manaul trans vs auto trans pullin

kirtsysdiesel

Banned
Okay guys let's see Wat u guys think about this. I'm in between the diesel n the gas world. Help wrench on a super/pro stock 468ci chevy n I got an 02 cummins. And my question is all the gas guys run pro fab manauls bc u loose power using a auto compared having direct hook like a manaul. And like for an example when we r pullin on a wet track u don't wanna just wanna kill the tires n leave the line hard bc u loose all ur traction. So u leave kinda easy n bout mid track u just lay into bc ur hooked hard n got traction n if u have the motor to stand it self back up it should do good.

Manual, way nicer to get turbos lit with plus anybody can drive an auto, but you gotta have a little skill to drive a manual.

Here in IN I hear them 2.6 trucks shiftin gears goin down the track all the gen 2 dodges n early common rails ull see more sticks but all the newer trucks I can hear them shift gears at mid track then down shift at the end of their pull. I walk around the pits to check out everyone's set up n all u ever see is this screwed up center console with wires goin all over to it. And the few sticks I do see no one can drive them worth a ****

Im from here in Indiana also and it seems there is more guys running the auto, in know Jordan Kinderman runs an auto in his 2.6 truck called Cummin Get It. and it is a very competitive truck

Exactly a lot of these guys r using an auto with a manaul valve body n grabbin gears runnin down the track