MandH Drag Radials

juiced305diesel

Strokin'!
I ordered a pair and to my dismay they are on back order. They said for March they should a new batch. I considering calling off my order to a later time. But! my buddy with a procharged srt-10 ram on spray had to leave at 4200rpm to keep from bogging out on these puppies.

Best my truck has even run short time is a 2.1. I am dying for some serious traction. I currently run a set from mickey/T's 30x14x16 and spin the entire 1/8th.

I would like to hear good and bad experiences with these tires. Thanks Guys:thankyou2:

Chris

Oh Sorry for those wondering the truck is a F-250 SRW

Randy from Randy's Off Road just put a set (4) of them on his truck and he seems to like them :rockwoot:

Give me the size & particulars.They are not that far from my house & I will be glad to check on them.:Cheer:

DART505 said:
Give me the size & particulars.They are not that far from my house & I will be glad to check on them.:Cheer:

The size I was wanted was 390/40/17 and they are the only drag radials they offer. Thanks that world be great Dart!!

Call 337-334-3814 talk to Wade who will probably transfer you to Boo.Wade is who I usually talk to.Tell him Chris Pitre (PETE pronounced) at Pitre's Automotive told you to call.
They like them suckers $282 EA. but Boo said that there was over 30 in stock.
Interco Tire is the same company.Been in this location sense 1974.:Cheer:

Do you happen to know the specs on those tires,, like height and width?

They might help me out some

Kevin

Are bead locks or self tappers into the tire bead needed to keep from spinning the rim inside the tire?

Thanks,

Ouch, they are sure short... allready enough problem with gearing,, not sure whats worse,, short tires or a little tire spin....

Kevin

I've run several models of M&H tires, and they tend to have superior traction to other brands.

I current run either their 275 DR's or 14.0 wide Bias Cheater Slicks. Both will go high 1.5's on a poorly prepped track with a 4x4.

2WD's it's mostly setup and tuning, NOT tires. You can roast the biggest slicks made in a 3/4t truck with 450HP. Or you can do wheelies. Need weight, and transfer of weight, and smooth acceleration. If you are missing one, you will just spin.

Twisted

Did you just drill a standard rims and add self tappers? Where did you get your rims, they 14" wide?

2WD's it's mostly setup and tuning, NOT tires. You can roast the biggest slicks made in a 3/4t truck with 450HP. Or you can do wheelies. Need weight, and transfer of weight, and smooth acceleration. If you are missing one, you will just spin.

I completely agree. That is why I am tuning the suspension now. But I fear that running another pair of 30x14x16 slicks they won't hook with a dialed in suspension. Thats why I am looking for adifferent tire setup that will give me the bite I need. Also the dr's are appealing because they have street use written on them.

I'm also afraid to go too tall on slicks too.

Last edited:
On a heavy truck in the summer, true Drag Radials will not last 1000 street miles, and might blow up at freeway speeds.

We used one as a spare on Blue and it grenaded within 50 miles at 40PSI (max), 55mph, and 2500lb load in 100 deg weather.

And I've worn out a set on the vette in 500 miles too.

This is True Drag Radials like MH with supersoft compound. They don't like sustained heat.

For a street tire with a 3/4 ton you really need a steel radial to be safe. I'm not a worry wart, I'm just someone who has run alot of street miles on racing tires.

Back