manual boost controller

I remember these from my 2.3L Ford Turbo days...I believe the concept is just your basic 'boost elbow' with a bunch of vacuum line and a knob in the cab. Instead of turning an allen screw you just trun a knob on the fly. I even still have one in the package some where I never used I was going to put it on my rail....for those motors it was good you didnt want to see more than about 8# but I dont see a need on the diesel...

yeah i was looking around for one to put on this s300g i am working on putting on my truck and come apon this article and kinda struck my curiosity and thought i would ask around before i decide what i want to do.

I made one, but have yet to install it. I have about $10 in mine, but it is somewhat different from the one on the page. Hopefully I can get it hooked up this weekend.

cool let me know how it goes i thought about running it to a discrete location in the cab to adjust on the fly to get that perfect little tweek wish the afc and fuel plate would be as easy to do lol

cool let me know how it goes i thought about running it to a discrete location in the cab to adjust on the fly to get that perfect little tweek wish the afc and fuel plate would be as easy to do lol

Who says they aren't? :evil A pressure regulator and a flow control valve could do amazing things. Along with the sliding arm idea IIRC ATS used to do

Although I still don't see a point :poke:

Who says they aren't? :evil

Although I still don't see a point :poke:

for those that always have theirs forward for play and then slide it back for towing instead of getting out and sliding the darn thing back why not have a cable or something you can push or pull to adjust on the fly. yeah it might sound stupid and i know its as easy as a few bolts and the two screws but to be able to tweek it like 1 mm at a time on the fly and finding that sweet spot for personal preference it could be handy.:poke:

for those that always have theirs forward for play and then slide it back for towing instead of getting out and sliding the darn thing back why not have a cable or something you can push or pull to adjust on the fly. yeah it might sound stupid and i know its as easy as a few bolts and the two screws but to be able to tweek it like 1 mm at a time on the fly and finding that sweet spot for personal preference it could be handy.:poke:

I don't like smoke, so my ideal setup might be different than yours, but still a pressure regulator and/or flow control valve could be adjusted in the cab, and are pretty cheap

Isn't it Piers that has the Vallet Switch? Same concept...

i was just thinking out loud about that wasnt for sure if someone had actually done that or if it was worth while :bang