Manual linkage swap on NP273?

Hurley

BLAKLUNG
Is it possible to swap parts on an NP273 to allow it to accept manual shifter linkage?

I'm doing a transmission swap with a friend who has an NP273 behind a 47RE; once he gets my nv4500 it appears that the easiest way out is to remove his TCCM and associated automatic shifting equipment in exchange for the manual linkage that comes on the NP271.

Can the sector shaft cam from a NP271 be swapped into a NP273 to directly swap the manual linkage? (#74)

259__orig.jpg

Attachments

• 271 IPL.jpg
    271 IPL.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Or if anyone has access to a diagram similar to the one above for a 273, that would help us compare part numbers. I found a less detailed one, but it lacks part numbers.

Bump - Hoping for an exploded view with parts listing for the NP273 t-case for comparison

It's been too long for me to recall but here are some pics when I had a few cases apart a while back. I built a manual 271 out of a 273 which was electronic and also swapped to a ford mainshaft and tail section. At the time I bought a new front cover but I seem to recall that I think it would have been possible to make it work without buying the cover???

DSC01350.jpg

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

Why not leave it electric shift and trick the computer into thinking it is in neutral?

You act like it wont throw a fit when you start moving and the transmission is missing. Even so, Ford sold some ESOF cases behind stick trucks, I would imagine dodge did too, should just be a flash away.

I've seen pictures of manual dodges with the ESOF cases, come to think of it.

DSC01350.jpg

it appears that, from this picture, everything needs to be replaced on the 273 setup, with the exception of the rear fork and shaft? thoughts?