manual od switch

bigc19

hey all,

I lost od in my 94 last week, but have no way to truly test the reasoning with where I am right now. I want to just hard wire a switch in, but havent been able to find detailed instructions and just want to make sure im right in my thinking. Theres a 3pin connector on the trans for od and lockup. I run a keyon power source to the center wire, and a ground wire to the od wire on the pin. Would I want the power source run to the switch, or the ground run to the switch? And if I have power run to the 3pin itself, would it need, or anything else, need to be cut?

Thanks

If it is a tps issue, wouldnt wiring a hard wire be able to separate an electric vs solenoid problem?

Did a little digging, and it seems that it is my tps. I either had/have a loose connection right at the tps, or its bad itself. Itll work great for a while, but if i park it, then start it and hit the high way again, I either lose od, or its in and out.
My next question is, if I were to run a manual switch for the od, Id still leave the tps connected, correct? Id cut the ground at the solenoid, run it to a switch, then ground it, and thats all Id have to worry about?