Manual to Auto swap - ECM flash file?

Hurley

BLAKLUNG
I understand there is currently an ECM flash file available when swapping from an automatic to a manual - is the same thing available for swapping a manual to an automatic?

(This swap is intended to utilize factory sensors/controls; I'm swapping with a friend, my manual truck is 11/03 manufacture and his auto truck is 3/03 manufacture if that has any bearing on the situation).

Thanks

03 you're not going to be able to just snap your fingers and reflash the ECM.

03 has a stand-alone TCM, so you'll need to swap TCM's, harnesses, and ECM's... AND get a recovery file for each ECM so that the VIN will be correct.

I'd swap trucks LOL

Your truck is a 2004 it does not have a TCM, but the 2003 does so even a swap probably won't work

I understand there is currently an ECM flash file
available when swapping from an automatic to a manual - is the same thing available for swapping a manual to an automatic?

(This swap is intended to utilize factory sensors/controls; I'm swapping with a friend, my manual truck is 11/03 manufacture and his auto truck is 3/03 manufacture if that has any bearing on the situation).

Thanks

good call, I didn't catch that...

you'll need an 04 auto ECM and harness to swap the auto into your truck. If you wanted to swap the 03 ECM/TCM into the truck, you'd need to swap the truck harness also or at least re-pin the harness as the gauges won't read right

I would probably let the dream die on this one! LOL

if you want an auto, I'd go with a manual valve body

Well, it sounds like it may not make a huge difference, but Hurley had the wrong manufacture date on his truck. His is 11/02, mine is 3/03, so they are both '03 model trucks.

Sorry guys, both trucks are 2003 models - 11/02 for the manual, 3/03 for the automatic.

Last edited:
Spoke with Bob on the phone; he answered some questions - I will be ordering a product soon and getting a file shortly after.

Thanks Bob!

Back