Manual to Automatic swap

TeamM

I searched for some info on this and did not come up with much so I figured I would ask you fellas. I am looking at buying a truck for a toy. This truck needs a motor which is perfect because I can get it cheap and build it up. But it has a 6 speed in it... and i want a built auto. How difficult is this and what all is needed for this?

Here is my list I came up with
Auto Trans
Transfer Case
Rear Drive Shaft
Front Drive Shaft
Auto Steering Column

Thanks

auto pcm with auto wireing harness and tps
dash button for 4wd or manual 4wd shiftin linkage

I would be willing to to do the swap if anyone is close to VA. I'd rather have a 6 speed than an automatic. Mine has less than 300 miles on the tranny

I searched for some info on this and did not come up with much so I figured I would ask you fellas. I am looking at buying a truck for a toy. This truck needs a motor which is perfect because I can get it cheap and build it up. But it has a 6 speed in it... and i want a built auto. How difficult is this and what all is needed for this?

Here is my list I came up with
Auto Trans
Transfer Case
Rear Drive Shaft
Front Drive Shaft
Auto Steering Column

Thanks

Hey man where are you located? I'd be happy to trade you my 48re and all parts (drivelines, column, ect..). I'm in Ca...

I would also be willing to do an auto to 6-speed swap. Im in KY. Early 04 48re

Instead of the factory PCM, you could run a PCS box on a 48RE and program how you want the trans to shift. I think transfer cases are the same?

Tobin

when i go to auto i am swapping in a 4r100 ford auto and ford transfer case.off an 99 to 2003 f 350. im goin with the 4r100 cause i want it built by BTS and the stand alone controllers for the 4r100 are good to go. they are stout trannys and for 5k he'll put a warentee on it regardless of what you do with it.

I have a 2004 48re and transfer case, wiring harness has some damage to one of the connectors but i have the engine harness as well so you can plug into the pcm. $650 for the trans and transfercase

Last edited: