Marine piston

Ratsun

How does the marine style piston lower compression, by reducing the protrussion or pin hight or?

Ok, so its just a bowl change and the protrusion will be the same?
Just looking for a option on a block that needs to be decked.

Distributor said:
Different thickness headgasket will take care of what you machine off.
Unfortunately if I want to try this MLS gasket from Cometic I am stuck with the .060" its at. We will see what the block needs to clean up tomorrow and I might have to cut the pistons?

Forgive me, I know not yet...

But if guys are stepping up to a .020" gasket when modding, wouldn't an .060" gasket be 3 times the thickness? Thus well covering the .010 or .020 taken off the deck?

Brad

Ridemywideglide said:
Forgive me, I know not yet...

But if guys are stepping up to a .020" gasket when modding, wouldn't an .060" gasket be 3 times the thickness? Thus well covering the .010 or .020 taken off the deck?

Brad

My stock gasket was .064" crushed in the spots I measured so a .020" over woud be .084"
I understand Cometic will offer their MLS gasket in over sizes however the one they sent me to try was a standard .060" thick so in order to use it with a block that was decked .010" I opted to order in some new .010" under Mahle pistons. I sure hope this gasket works.:eek:wned:

I see.. I assumed your .060 was as over-stock..

I think mine measured .041 crushed when I tore it apart.. Don't know why the difference but no matter.

Thanks
Brad