Marine valve cover leaks oil from vent hose

jedeka

I bought a marine valve cover a while back. I bought an install kit from Ponci Diesel. I followed the instructions that were sent with the install kit. It seems like every since I installed the valve cover, I get oil dripping out of the crankcase breather hose. When the truck is running, you can feel steady pressure, nothing pulsating. The oil fill cap will bounce around if I sit the cap over the filler, but will not blow it off the valve cover. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mine drips also. I don't have excessive blow by though. I think it's just oil vapor that accumulates in the breather area of the valve cover. I'll have a drip come out of it once in a while. But they have antibiotics for that.

I just hooked mine up to a summit vented catch can. Didn't ever amount to much in my case.

the stock vent tube drains to case, the marine doesn't. catch can helps. I haven't the time to install mine yet. so i drip as well.

Mine dripped a lot with the rear stock breather location. Plugged it off and welded 2 breather bungs on the top. Much less mess breathing out the top

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mine dripped a lot with the rear stock breather location. Plugged it off and welded 2 breather bungs on the top. Much less mess breathing out the top

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I did the same and haven't noticed any oil dripping at all

Back