Maryland and PA Pull Dates

Just too add. We do have 2 classes that the trucks do not have to be tagged in. 1 gas and 1 diesel. The rules for these are currently under review, and I will get them posted as soon as they are finished. For lack of a better description this class has been similar to what would be a pro-street class.
We are open minded, but safety is number 1 for the organization. Also with the test and tune, tractors will have the first round beginning at 12:00 since they were the first pulls that we began having.

Will all the class rules be set by the time of the Test and Tune? I personally would like to check them out so I can know what, if any, changes or modifications I'll have to do before then.

Thanks.

Rules should be out by mid- February. We are finalizing some changes, then need to submit the completed rules to the ins. co.

Easternshoreman said:
And as far as worrying about getting beat, I could care less cause I don't even pull a diesel pickup!!
Amen, I can't afford a diesel right now so I am having fun with my gasser. Plus I dont have hang around to the end of the night just so I can pull incase i have something else better to do.

Easternshoreman said:
Rules should be out by mid- February. We are finalizing some changes, then need to submit the completed rules to the ins. co.

Yeah John ithink if you can get some rules together similar to what everbody else runs you should be having some good turn outs this year along with advertising the pulls on the web forums.

Brett

pullinprincess said:
I have a cruise the 1st and 2nd weekend in May so try not to plan any then :D

Me too Ocean Citys Car cruise May 14-18 ...... lol

Timebomb said:
Me too Ocean Citys Car cruise May 14-18 ...... lol

Easternshoreman said:
Test and Tune will be April 5, 2008 at 12:00 noon. We will be running both gas and diesel trucks as long as they comply with our safety rules. All trucks must be street legal with all street legal equipment. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO NOT HOOK ANY TRUCK THAT DOES NOT PASS TECH INSPECTION. May 17 we will be having a Truck show, INCLUDING PICKUPS< AND RESTORED SEMIS, trophies will be awarded. Also there will be an antique tractor show. That evening we will have a pickup pull, with registration opening at 3:00 Pull 5:00. September 6 pickup pull registration 2:30, pull at 5:00.

Looks like I'll be taking off a few days for the OC show, and heading back from OC on Saturday for the pull at Tuckahoe!

I know the one thing different you do is the gas class weight, you run 6800 while everyone else runs 6500. That is why i can pull at tuckahoe. Maybe I can figure out how to get 300 more off my truck, doubtfull but its worth a shot. I'm arouond 7000 and it took a tailgate and a spare tire to get me to 6800 at the last pull, so out comes the back seat and maybe more.

most places run an OEM class meaning has to be OEM charger(workstock), then they have a 2.5 or 2.6 class(street) then they have a 2.8 or 3.0(superstreet) which is what we ran last year in Interstate, these trucks are starting to get pretty ratical, then they run a mod which is what they are running in the East Coast Series but we are limiting the chargers to 3.2 twins open drivetrain DOT tires, out west there is no limit on turbos exept you can only run 2 and cepecs. for all the classes except the workstock i would recomend all safety equipment, e.i. two years ago at Winchester had a 2.6 truck break a reese hitch and almost hit the wall so air shut offs are a good thing and not hard to make. Go to NADM or DHRA and look at there rules. Jeremy

I have the dhra and Interstate rules on my desk now. Also have a copy of the NADM. Just trying to figure out how to make it competitive without getting too radical. How many trucks are running the superstreet level that may consider coming to the shore? I have to agree with the safety equipment, everyone wants to build power instead of safety. Thats why our rules have been tight in the past and will probably be stricter this year.

Easternshoreman said:
I have the dhra and Interstate rules on my desk now. Also have a copy of the NADM. Just trying to figure out how to make it competitive without getting too radical. How many trucks are running the superstreet level that may consider coming to the shore? I have to agree with the safety equipment, everyone wants to build power instead of safety. Thats why our rules have been tight in the past and will probably be stricter this year.

I plan on running a Twined 12v this year

I have a 2.6 street truck, its my daily driver at this point, but I will run 2.8 superstreet at some of the pulls because I have all the safety equipment now.

Also are you gonna have any rules against towing in stock or street class trucks? Like I said mine is a daily driver still, but it gets towed to the track in case I break.

I also will be twinned with dropbox and a rockwell thats why i was asking about coming out for the test and tune we have all the safety equipment. Not many of us left from Interstate we are all moving to the ECS but im sure i could get a few trucks like mine to come out. What is the hottest class you all run out there? Jeremy

getblown5.9 said:
I have a 2.6 street truck, its my daily driver at this point, but I will run 2.8 superstreet at some of the pulls because I have all the safety equipment now.

Also are you gonna have any rules against towing in stock or street class trucks? Like I said mine is a daily driver still, but it gets towed to the track in case I break.

Does that Silver Bullet pass for the 2.6 class?

Our hottest at our events has been basically super-street level. Probably could not get it to fly with the insurance with drop boxes or non oem axles like rockwells. That level of changes to a truckthey want us to run a sanctioned event. As a individual pull with no offiliation with any national organizations , besides the ppl pull in july our hands are kinda tied as far as how nasty a truck, or tractor that we can run. I would love to be able to run some interstate mod- turbo tractors, just can't do it though.

oh. ..... and the towed in we really don't care at this point. I tow my old gasser in cause i never know if its gonna make it home.

Back