Maryland and PA Pull Dates

Just my two Cents :

but if it were me i would save some money from the plaques and put if towards the cash prizes, I takes people alot of money to get these trucks the way they are and they usually are happy when they get a few dollars back for having their truck perform well.

Brett

One Hundred Dollars Was Paid Only To First Place During The September Pull. Plaques Were Given Out For Second And Third Place. One Person Did Not Pick Up Plaque I Think For The Stock Diesel Class. I Gave Out The Plaques For Modified Diesel But Not The Money. If Anyone Would Like To See The Results I Will Gladly Give Them A Copy. To My Knowledge All Pulls Were Measured. Nobody Seems To Understand This Is A Benifit Event Not A Sanctioned Pull. We Are Just Trying To Get People Out And Have A Good Time

JAMIE@ELKS said:
One Hundred Dollars Was Paid Only To First Place During The September Pull. Plaques Were Given Out For Second And Third Place. One Person Did Not Pick Up Plaque I Think For The Stock Diesel Class. I Gave Out The Plaques For Modified Diesel But Not The Money. If Anyone Would Like To See The Results I Will Gladly Give Them A Copy. To My Knowledge All Pulls Were Measured. Nobody Seems To Understand This Is A Benifit Event Not A Sanctioned Pull. We Are Just Trying To Get People Out And Have A Good Time

When you lie and screw your pullers...next time they screw you and won't show up.

I know alot of trucks that won't show up over there again.

The guy who won FIRST PLACE in the street class got no money.

Let me know how many trucks show up next time, I'm making sure none come from this side of the bay.

JAMIE@ELKS said:

Jamie thank you for answering my question. I wasn't sure if you paid out 2nd and 3rd as well.

Again I wasn't crying, I was just curious. And I wasn't trying to start a war!

Hey folks, rules for 2008 Tuckahoe pulls are off for approval, any ideas for turbo sizes for the classes. The safety equipment is the only items set in stone. Inducer sizes, water injection are up for discussion.

The rules i see at most places go like this

Street class- 2.5" turbo, measure the inlet to the turbo using a 2.55" plug, if it goes in then its too big and you get bumped. no water, and suspension must have 1" of travel. hanging weights are about 50/50 on this class, some allow them some dont

Modified class- 2.8" turbo (some 2.8 trucks can get wild, so any bigger than that and you are gonna be flirting with your insurance rules on what type of trucks are allowed) again, have a 2.85" plug machined, if it fits in the turbo, then its too big. water only allowed (no methanol or other combustibles permitted) suspension can be blocked solid, and of course hanging weights.

Heres where we are as of now Work Stock 2.5 Charger, Classic Work Stock 98- older 2.5 charger. Also 2.6 charger, with all safety equip, maybe water. 2.8- ?? all safety equip, and water. Just gonna have to have stock axles, transmissions. MAYBE< JUST MAYBE WE WILL BE ABLE TO RUN SOME EXHIBITION CLASS TRUCKS LIKE ECS PRO_ STOCK 8000 pickups.

Easternshoreman said:
Heres where we are as of now Work Stock 2.5 Charger, Classic Work Stock 98- older 2.5 charger. Also 2.6 charger, with all safety equip, maybe water. 2.8- ?? all safety equip, and water. Just gonna have to have stock axles, transmissions. MAYBE< JUST MAYBE WE WILL BE ABLE TO RUN SOME EXHIBITION CLASS TRUCKS LIKE ECS PRO_ STOCK 8000 pickups.

as much as I would like to see a 2.6 rule, it make no sense to run a work stock 2.5 and then a 2.6 class. 2.5 and 2.8 is a good break

you can go work stock, and require stock turbos, but you are gonna need a tech crew thats pretty familiar with each of the 3 makes of trucks that can look at a turbo and say yea that appears stock or not. and you are always gonna have guys who use stock housing and machine them to fit bigger wheels etc.

then run a 2.6 turbo class...but it just seems very redundant to run 2.5 and 2.6

Is there any updates for our area beside the SVFC pull? Eastern is the show/pull still on for the 17? I saw a flyer for cecilton fire company's on the same day. Any one else know of anything coming up?

I know they are set for the 17th...the sept 6th date is in the air still due to a couple other big places having pulls that night, and i recommended they move nights so they can still get a good turnout. they were still up in the air about it last i heard from eastershoreman.

what is this cecilton pull? never heard of cecilton.

Cecilton fire company, down there at the intersection of 213 and 282. Who is having pulls on the 6th? I talked to a couple of their members about it and they did not know about Tuckahoe's pull. So they are going to bring it up at the next sit down meeting. I will let you guys know what I find out about that pull. I think they are going to try and reschedule.

Last edited:
Cecilton fire company, down there at the intersection of 213 and 282. Who is having pulls on the 6th? I talked to a couple of their members about it and they did not know about Tuckahoe's pull. So they are going to bring it up at the next sit down meeting. I will let you guys know what I find out about that pull. I think they are going to try and reschedule.

the Buck is on the 6th, its their Diesel Truck Series...I just know that its a place that usually packs the stands with a few thousand people and has 100's of trucks show up to compete...and i know with this being tuckahoe's second year they will not be able to keep that many guys down there for a pull when folks can win twice as much money at a bigger event up north.

i hope they reschedule so they have a good turnout and so that all of use guys who want to pull at both can still do so.

Everything is on for the test and tune on the 5th ( trucks will run noon or slightly there after), and the show and pull on May 17. For the test day hooks will be $10.00. Pickups are welcome for the show as well as tractor trailers. We also are insured for some hotter class trucks now, if anyone is interested in bringing anything Interstate or Eastern PPL level please let me know.

Good. I hope to get a few pulls in. Are the pulling classes being broken down by times..... Like Gassers will pull 12-2pm?

Back