Material for custom cam.

RonA

Zach.
Is there a material and heat treating process you would recommend for a 5.9/6.7 cummins cam? I make blanks from time to time for other vehicles and have been thinking about machining my own blank and sending to you so you could have it ground. If a special material would hold up better and be available in bar stock I'd be happy to make one for me and one for you.(hint, hint), Let me know, there's no rush.
RonA

LSM uses bearing grade 8620. Or so I heard on the internet. From a blind guy. With a horsey.

Ron, since I have not seen other companies using the alloy and the heat treat process we use, I would rather call you as opposed to posting in an open forum. I will call you in a couple days.

Zach

Ron, since I have not seen other companies using the alloy and the heat treat process we use, I would rather call you as opposed to posting in an open forum. I will call you in a couple days.

Zach

That would be fine Zach. I'd be willing to use a more expensive material if it would last longer and be more block/bearing/lifter compatible. Give me a call if you have any ideas.

Ron...You make me want to get an assignment to Beale AFB and beg to apprentice for you!!!!!

I just have never wanted to move back to CA or do the job at Beale. LOL