Max achieveable boost out of a set of rips twins

TxDiesel007

Uncommon CR problemed
Simply asked...

what is the most effective amount of boost that i can get out of a set of rips twins, 35/14 over an s400/26

Right now i wont be able to answer how much boost i build due to truck bein in pieces gettin IC boots installed in my garage.. too hot to go outside and do it right now...

what is what limits the top end boost on these things? FYI i have my top turbo spike to about 30 psi before it actually wastegates adn settles at 24 psi....

Thoughts anyone?

Fuel to this fire is a set of dragonflys, 181 dvs, and a 100 plate, AFC 1/2, plate forward...

Rick

On my buddy's truck they start going over 1:1 drive pressure somewhere around 60psi.

I have a 62/14 over the S400, and I have run it as high as 72psi. 62psi seems to be the magic number with my setup. EGTs or hp don't increase any with higher the 62psi. I'm not sure about the 35/14... I suspect you will be slightly lower at peak boost, and with more drive pressure.

How much hp are you trying to achieve?

Paul

Paul, did you control your boost with the waste gate, if so, what did you have the waste gate set at?

paulb said:
I have a 62/14 over the S400, and I have run it as high as 72psi. 62psi seems to be the magic number with my setup. EGTs or hp don't increase any with higher the 62psi. I'm not sure about the 35/14... I suspect you will be slightly lower at peak boost, and with more drive pressure.

How much hp are you trying to achieve?

Paul

550-600

call the truck done.. i cant tow much more than 10K with it anymore... and for now thats gotta be my limit due to towing...

RIck

Rodram2002 said:
Paul, did you control your boost with the waste gate, if so, what did you have the waste gate set at?

I set the waste gate on the top turbo, so that the S400 makes 31psi. Doing that I get 62psi total boost at the Medford track, and about 64 at Woodburn. That's with the Comp on 5x5, which for me is about 640hp. Max EGT's at the track on a 90-100 degree day are less then 1400 degrees. I have the pop-offs set to 75psi, so it never hits those. The smoke after launch is pretty much non-existent. Before putting in the Helix 2 cam, my max boost was higher, but so were the EGT's. With the cam, the bottom charger spools faster, and leaving with the same boost, my 60' times decreased. With the tires I have, I can consistently turn 1.79 60' times (any quicker then that and my 60' times become inconsistent due to tire slippage). Before the cam I would need about 16psi on the launch to get 1.79 60', after it takes about a pound less.

Sorry for getting side tracked...

Paul

TxDiesel007 said:
550-600

call the truck done.. i cant tow much more than 10K with it anymore... and for now thats gotta be my limit due to towing...

RIck

From what I have seen the 12 valves like more air then the 24 valves. With 550 hp, you will be pushing the limits of the 35. 600hp and a 35 on top and your EGTs are going to get hot especially at higher RPM's. Of course it all depends on head work, cam, intercooler, etc. What mods have you done to the 35?

Paul

crossdrilled gate and thats it...

again i love the setup for towing... and if 550 is what ill see, then so be it.. head is 100 percent stock... I know i know..

let me have it..

Rick

TxDiesel007 said:
crossdrilled gate and thats it...

again i love the setup for towing... and if 550 is what ill see, then so be it.. head is 100 percent stock... I know i know..

let me have it..

Rick

Piers' hooked me up with a Stage 2 ported head and I picked up 31 rwhp and dropped the egt's a good 300* all with no negative effects!