max boost out of wastegate

stovepipe

how much boost pressure will a stock wastegate off a 97 take, I have a 66/74/16 turbo and was trying to make sure it is not opening up while trying to build boost. I adjusted the rod so the wastegate is almost all the way in so the spring pressure is holding the gate closed and I have the wastegate blocked off. I really don't want the gate to open wright now. Is that the wright way to set them up. The turbo did not come with one it was a bottom turbo on the BD towing set for an 3rd gen and now its got a htt stainless exhaust and a polished race cover so I am learning as I go. Thanks for any help JR

get a real waste gate for it. running no waste gate isn't really a good thing unless you like drive pressure and overspeeding turbos.

stove not trying to change your threads direction but where did you get your stainless steel manifold from? I looked on htts sight and all the have is one for the CRs

^he's referring to the stainless exhaust housing for the turbo, not an SS manifold.

That's a hard charger to get to light without porting/cam/etc. on a street minded 12V (with the .91 non-gated housing- I'm seeing 45-48psi from mine with stock lift pump/131DV's/5x14's).

- RPM's are your friend there!

I see around 45psi at wot out of mine as well, thats with 5x16 sdx's and a stock pump seems to pull hard once its lit. lots of tunning to get it to run good.