Max power stock internals !! Need opinions!!

Johnny1

So I'm giving up on my current block and head, almost. But I am curious how much power are guys with good efi tunes making with stock interals?? I know a few making 900+ but with high revs and fueling up in te Rpms. But I'm mostly worried about the rods. I don't wanna dissassemble a new engine and break the "factory" seals. But would like to replace some of the stock fasteners. What do you guys think!

With good tuning and a smart driver...well into the 1100hp range on factory long blocks with cam and supporting mods.

I beg to differ...most are single turbo, but if you want to think the fractured cap rods are the issue, please continue.

Saw a guy on YouTube has a sealed motor still and he has a s400/s500 compound set up from fire punk and he has laid downed over 1000 hp all stock bottom end and head. It is rather crazy.

If power is kept in the upper rpm it is definitely doable. At those high power levels tho, it's just foolish imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont see things ending well putting that much power to those stock internals for any amount of time. a dyno run, sure. Daily abuse? no way...? Making 1000hp on a dyno a couple times is different than making laps at the track on a regular basis. just my opinion.

Last edited:
Nobody is forcing you to accept real life situations..it's been done and it's continuing to be done.

^^^ ding ding ding. Wrong section, bud. Duramaxes are great engines, but aren't comparable when it comes to stock longblock integrity at high HP levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah personally I know lez has tuned 3 trucks I know with stock block at 950 to the wheels. So what do you think guys is a good level. ? Also what mods should be added
- valve springs
- cam
- studs .

I'm giving up on my old block that I built
Up because my local diesel shop and machine shop don't the difference between a 2jz and a fakin cummins. Kept blowing head gaskets 5 times a row, I was told block and head are all flat no cracks... And I've had the block apart 3 times .. Because of cylinder scuffing... Oh and my Pistons have had close relations with a few valves ! Even though I supplied them with heavier springs. Musta not put them in ... Or something. Chit...
But any how I might get a good deal on a full engine and just thought hey the stock **** works aight ! And I can start with a stock fresh block n parts ?

I'm north of 1000hp with a stock bottom end. Bad part is I have a set of 12v rods and a girdle laying on the shop table waiting to go in haha.

Last edited:
Mine is the s400/s500 compound setup mentioned above... This setup is daily driven with NFG... 95psi... Stock headgasket standard arp headstuds... Good tuning goes a long way... This video barely scratches the surface of what this truck goes through on a day to day basis...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpMB5QgcxD4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpMB5QgcxD4[/ame]

Jim speaks !! Jims luck or what ever is impressive hehe . Gordon is a tunnin man huh!

I wouldn't be worried about throwing a lot at the fractured rods. It's not that they're weak, it's just that they like to come apart before they bend. I definitely wouldn't waste the time or money switching them for older stock rods either.

Mine is the s400/s500 compound setup mentioned above... This setup is daily driven with NFG... 95psi... Stock headgasket standard arp headstuds... Good tuning goes a long way... This video barely scratches the surface of what this truck goes through on a day to day basis...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpMB5QgcxD4

I agree tuning goes a long way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
Back