MBRP T304 rusting??

Ford4Eva

FNG
Hi all. I was under my truck the other day and noticed my MBRP pipes were starting to oxidize. I purchased T304 which isn't supposed to rust...although I had a shop buy and install it so it's possible they didn't put in what I purchased.

Anyway, I'm hoping you can help me decide if this is normal. I've included two pictures, one of my downpipe which looks like T304 should...slightly colored from the heat. The other picture is after the CC which looks like hell.

Attachments

• dp small2.jpg
    dp small2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Cat small2.jpg
    Cat small2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 35
I have a T-304 Ford Racing (Borla) on my 07 that I snow plow with so it gets a lot of salt on it and so far no rust.

first pic is normal but the other looks like they didnt put what you paid for unless MBRP had a defeat and its starting to rust so i would call where you got the exhuast and inform them of the problem see if they can help. Before to long if they dont i would scuff the rust off and threw some paint on

I've had my 304 MBRP for about 2 and a half years now with 0 rust and its been through 3 Iowa winters... Think A LOT of road salt. My cat delete pipe is 409 SS and it started surface rusting after the first winter.

my entire S.S.MBRP looks just like the second pic. The MBRP rusts just as bad as the stocker

409 stainless will definitely rust. T304 won't. I suspect the second pic is a 409SS pipe.

Yeah 4XX series Stainless Steels will "rust". The outside will produce an oxidation layer and it will seal the metal that way. 3XX series will not rust in the manor.

Called the shop and had them order me a replacement T304 under warranty.

I'm no metals expert, so I was glad to read this feedback, especially surrounding this oxidization being on the surface. It may never rust all the way through, but that's not what I paid for!