MBRP

BC06PSD

Hairless Cat Aficionado
I just ordered a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust. I've never installed an exhaust before. Should I take it to a shop and have it done or should I attempt to do it myself? I would be doing the install by myself. I'm only concerned about doing the downpipe by myself. I have a shop full of tools.

Hopefully this will drop my EGT's. I'm running about 750 degrees cruising at 80 on DJ's Looney.

Ive installed about a dozen exhaust system in my drive way by myself....Its a piece of cake

It's not too hard to do. I did mine by myself and used a hack saw to cut the pipes when necessary. I don't recommend that. Use a sawzall if you can. :doh:

Spend some quality time in the driveway. It's easy to do, use a sawzall on the DP and have some fun.

Are most of you guys using the one without the cat or the other?

BC -- you can DO IT!! Sent you a PM with some info that may help....

--Snake

the downpipe is pretty easy if you'll just get it whiggled up there and then find a place for the flange to rest while you go back topside and place the bandclamp on it to the turbo....but dont tighten it at this point...get it attatched to the turbo and then hang the rest of the system and start at the front and tighten everything front to back

Bad news for me. I just found out the warehouse that I ordered from is in the Malibu area. I know those people are going through some bad stuff, but I just found it to be a strange coincidence.

Sorry to hijack but can you remove the factory downpipe without cutting it??

BC06PSD said:
Bad news for me. I just found out the warehouse that I ordered from is in the Malibu area. I know those people are going through some bad stuff, but I just found it to be a strange coincidence.

Let us know if we can help in any way.....we've already talked to our dealers to offer help while they're dealing with the fires. Hopefully the damage to people and property will be minimal.....

yamaman said:
Sorry to hijack but can you remove the factory downpipe without cutting it??

On a 6.0L vehicle, you'd have to remove a transmission cross member to get the pipe out without cutting it.....this is one situation where we recommend a qualified person do the work. Otherwise, these systems are built for ease of installation.

Sounds a little odd to me... I've heard of several people swearing at it, but once you get the right twist, comes right out, without cutting or dropping the cross member...

I got mine out no prob just a little geometry (getting it at the right angle) and it slid right out...now getting the 4"dp in was a little different story, but i dont think it wouldve been that bad if ida had some help

All right my exhaust came in tonight. Apparently they didn't have to evacuate for the fires. Anyways it comes in and its the aluminized exhaust. I've read the ad 6 times and all it talks about is stainless. I knew the price was too good.:bang

Check it out and let me know if theres any loophole in this listing that could make it aluminum.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...y.com:80/?from=R40&satitle=150172054941&fvi=1

BC06PSD said:
All right my exhaust came in tonight. Apparently they didn't have to evacuate for the fires. Anyways it comes in and its the aluminized exhaust. I've read the ad 6 times and all it talks about is stainless. I knew the price was too good.:bang

Check it out and let me know if theres any loophole in this listing that could make it aluminum.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...y.com:80/?from=R40&satitle=150172054941&fvi=1

It says its MBRP 4" T409 Stainless Steel Turbo Back Exhaust For:

Time to start disputing the charges...

I agree It says "T409 STAINLESS" in the title I would definitely dispute that!!

Back