measurement please

rollinsmoke05

hello everybody i am new to this site but not to others i am curious if yall could get me a answer that i am having trouble getting. i am getting ready to do my auto to manuel swap i have every thing i need to do it except my drive shaft. i have it ready to go to the machine shop but i need the front driveshaft tube length. so what i need is. if you are a driver of a 2wd extenend cab long bed 3500 5spd of course would you please go out side and measure the length of the front drive shaft tube or if you know how long it is that would be great thanks for your time and if anybody has anything to add just post up thanks again. by the way great site

truck getting the nv4500 is a 96 3500 ext cab dually 2wd

Just measure it yourself when the job is done. Don't depend on some internet expert to tell you what the length is.
Or just drive the truck to the shop and let them measure it for ya. Don't need a front DS in to drive it.
A good drive line shop will be able to make the shaft with the flange to yoke measurement.

Just measure it yourself when the job is done. Don't depend on some internet expert to tell you what the length is.
Or just drive the truck to the shop and let them measure it for ya. Don't need a front DS in to drive it.
A good drive line shop will be able to make the shaft with the flange to yoke measurement.

thanks for your reply but due to my truck being a 2wd it would be kinda hard to drive it to the shop for them to make the shaft with it missing the front half of the rear drive shaft. and since i have not put my nv4500 in and i would like to have everything ready for the auto to manuel swap instead of draging it out over time since i work out of my truck.

Just measure the transmissions and add/subtract from there

No one wants to be responsible for giving you the wrong measurements and causing you another trip to the driveline shop.:badidea: Measure from the center of the yolk back up to the edge of the bellhousing on both transmissions then subtract the difference . Like Lower said.Oh and Welcome to COMP D Rich

Well then I guess that is what I am going to do then. Not what I wanted todo but I guess I'll wait until I install my tranny and then get it lengthened. Thanks for yalls help