mechanic issues... ELITE ROCK's.... trucks back together

hotpursuit

i did a little recent buildup of my 6.0...

all parts were supplied by ELITE

head studs and fire ring gasket

stage 2 injectors

egr block off

regulated fuel system

coolant relocation

Tadd's tunes.

i was going to do the install myself.... but decided to take it to a shop so the cab could be lifted and done easier... Its a local shop and i personally know the owner...

so in goes the truck... gets torn down... heads sent to Elite for machine work....

heads and parts make it back to PA and the shop goes to town putting her back together...

we could not get fuel pressure at the regulator... started checking lines, trace it back to the pump..ok im gonna go get a new pump.. shop owner found out the purolator filter was bout a 1/4 inch too short and wasnt opening a valve in the pump... FORD or NAPA do not use any other...

so now we got pressure, fire the truck up, running very very rough wont clean up, lots of diesel in the exhaust. quit running, hydro locked.

pull glow plugs on cylinder kicks out a bucket of fuel, pull the injector... brass washer is completely black and o ring is shredded... new o rings and washer install injector... start truck.. same thing quit running hydro locked.

i had asked if the injectors were torqued to 30 ft lbs.... mechanic says, not with a wrench i know what 30 ft lbs feels like.. i stayed calm and said people that build these all the time still use a torque wrench and it needs to be torqued... his reply, they dont know what 30 ft lbs feels like. i walk away before i hit him over the head and ask, how many foot pounds did that feel like.

i pull the owner aside and explain to him what was just said... he pulls every injector and only ONE was seated... the rest were leaking and ripped gaskets...so now i watch the tech who knows what 30lbs is put them all back in WITH a torque wrench...fire the truck up... running rough but not shutting off or hydro locking... take it for a spin... its just not right... still quit a bit of fuel in the exhuast...im like wtf..

on advice from ELITE we take the truck to a dealer and have a scan done on it... all looks good, except one completely dead cylinder, no compression at all. manual test also shows totally dead...

owner say Rob, thanks for being patient and we will make this right, thinking it may be a bent valve or something...also states he is putting a different mechanic on it...great!

new guy pulls the covers and finds that the push rod is not connected to the rocker... checks all of them all were ok but the one... puts it back together and she is running like a raped ape.

I bet i called ELITE and talked to Robert and Tadd at least 4 times a day for 3 weeks trying to figure this all out. not once did the guys there get frustrated with me and spent quite a bit of time trying to help... ELITE you guys are awsome and thank you for putting up with me through all of this...your awsome support after the sell will bring me back to you all for a long time...
the truck runs great now strong as a bull good smoke all the way past 100mph....new turbo on it will really be sick.... i can definately feel the extra power from the injectors... i feel confident we are close to 500 hp as we sit.... get them turbo's ready, im waiting for one

the shop was really cool with the entire ordeal, even though it was the mechanics fault, they could of been jack... but they were not, they wanted to make it right put a different guy on it and did make it right... i told them i would use them again but would never let the one mechanic touch my truck again,

this guy paid no attention to detail, nor did he take pride in his work, and was too cocky thinkin he knew it all... these are the kind people that give mechanics/techs a bad name... he may be a great parts replacer but a tech he sure is not...

i have the up most repect for the shop, its hard to find places now adays that take responsiblity for there actions/mistakes, and they did...

anywho its 5am and im still wound up from the miles i got to put on the truck tonight....

also the directions for the parts from ELITE were very detailed and awsome quality.... thanks again ELITE your stuck with me for good ...Tadd, quit reading this now and get dem turbos built
__________________ :hehe: :thankyou2: :thankyou2: :thankyou2:

Congrats on your upgrades, sounds like you are a happy camper!
Good to hear that Elite took the time to answer all of your questions, I guess they have a good rep for a reason.
Now it's time for some time slips LOL

yeahh i want some time slips too but.... tracks are closed till spring.... first day open ill be there....

might be going to a dyno shortly...

you say this was in PA? if i may ask where are you located? i would just like to know if you at all close to me. i live near harrisburg, but i am currently in blairsville attending wyotech, which is 50 min east from pittsburg, right below indiana. would like to maybe check your rig out, that is if your close. thanks!

yeahh im not far.... grew up in greensburg... live in pittsburgh which is probaly a little over an hour from you... but im in greensburg quite a bit...

anytime bud... just let me know.

Tadd has helped me out way more times than I deserve...I have nothing but good things to say about Elite.

Fuzzys69 said:
who did the work on your truck?

i would like to not air that as they were good people and made things right... dont want them to get a bad rap for one bad apple....

i was just curious what the placed name, im live in NY and there no places around here that will do that kind of work.

Fuzzys69 said:
i was just curious what the placed name, im live in NY and there no places around here that will do that kind of work.

i bet there is you need to find a diesel shop for tractor trailers...they seem to be more inclined to take on this kind of job....

Back