Medium Frame Billet CW's

Mighty Goat

Slow Progression
I wanted to see if we can get some vendors in here to discuss their billet CW's for S300's and other mid frame turbos. Something like a reference sheet of all the wheels available. Here's the makes I'm aware of, Precision, Comp, Garrett, BEP, FI, ED, FPE, BWTS. From 60mm-67mm. Some things I'd like to know are,

Gram weights
Max lbs/min @ what PR
Total blade area
Sizes offered
Blade count
Anything that might put a wheel ahead of the competition
Cost of a CW upgrade

So far, the only facts I've seen have came from ED. It breaks down like this

BWTS cast 366-7= 191grams

BEP billet 366-6= 191grams (not Batmo)

ED billet 366-6= 181grams, we have a winner!

BWTS cast 363-7=181grams

ED, can we get some data on your billet 63?

I would be interested in seeing more information placed into this thread. Sponsors what say you?

There are many forged billet compressor wheel sizes for Precision Turbos. Most of the smaller stuff was designed for gas applications and has not been tested for diesel applications. I am not saying that they would not work well in both applications, but we do not like to sell anything that has not been thoroughly tested. There are a a few guys out there running the smaller gas stuff on their street trucks with success, but we let them tell us what they need and sell it without a warranty at your own risk. If the product has been tested, we stand behind the product fully with a 1 year warranty and we also will stand behind the recommendation and will swap housings and such if the turbo is too lazy or it surges. For right now we only have competition chargers that have been tested for diesel applications, with the exception for our 7.3 bolt on upgrade.
Here is the answer to your original question though:

Our descriptions refer to the inducer of the compressor wheel and the exducer of the turbine wheel in that order. You will see that we have many different compressor and turbine wheel combinations. All of these will have an air cooled dual ceramic ball bearing center section and a CEA (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel milled out of forged billet alloy.

5557, 5857, 5862, 5865, 6262, 6265, 6765 (T3, T4, and V-band in/out turbine housing options)
6768, 6775, 7168, 7175, 7275, 7285, 7675, 7685, 8285 (T4 only)

Please keep in mind that we are focused on pulling/drag racing for the time being, but we do have intentions of pursuing the diesel street market in the future. I will keep you all posted.

Last edited:
There are many forged billet compressor wheel sizes for Precision Turbos. Most of the smaller stuff was designed for gas applications and has not been tested for diesel applications. I am not saying that they would not work well in both applications, but we do not like to sell anything that has not been thoroughly tested. There are a a few guys out there running the smaller gas stuff on their street trucks with success, but we let them tell us what they need and sell it without a warranty at your own risk. If the product has been tested, we stand behind the product fully with a 1 year warranty and we also will stand behind the recommendation and will swap housings and such if the turbo is too lazy or it surges. For right now we only have competition chargers that have been tested for diesel applications, with the exception for our 7.3 bolt on upgrade.

Our descriptions refer to the inducer of the compressor wheel and the exducer of the turbine wheel in that order. You will see that we have many different compressor and turbine wheel combinations. All of these will have an air cooled dual ceramic ball bearing center section and a CEA (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel milled out of forged billet alloy.

5557, 5857, 5862, 5865, 6262, 6265, 6765 (T3, T4, and V-band in/out turbine housing options)

Please keep in mind that we are focused on pulling/drag racing for the time being, but we do have intentions of pursuing the diesel street market in the future. I will keep you all posted.
That 6768 sounds nice.

First off, Thanks Precision Turbo for stepping up to the plate. Any time frame on testing for street trucks? Testing procedures?

Bsmith- It does for a hot street truck. If they spool like Garretts you'll need a bigger cam and a really good head to take that kind of airflow being zinged in there. I like the 6265 in T3 for 500HP or less. A 6268 would be a real nice street turbo for myself. I fear the 65TW would be a bit too small.

I wish I had a time frame for you guys, but we have a ton of irons in the fire with all our gasser stuff. I am a soot head myself, so I am chomping at the bit too. I do not call the shots though, and I have not been given any sort of timeline. To be honest, I do not think we could meet the demand of the diesel street market at this time. We are in the process of building a new facility that will house more machines and such, so that will help us keep up with the demand when we are ready to open the flood gates. I have a few ideas of what might work good, but I am still trying to sell my wife on the idea of a $5,000 transmission before I can even start playing with turbos :)

IMO, compressor wheel weights at that size are not that relevant since the turbine wheel weighs so much more (unless you're using a TiAl turbine). You should be able to spool the daylights out of any of those with everyday fueling mods.

The compressor maps would tell you a lot more but you can't get them out of some companies (*cough*cough*precision*cough)

Wil precision sell just a billet wheel or does it have to be a whole charger?

Remember, the weight of the compressor wheel isn't the end all be all in regards to how it will spool when compared with another. How the mass is distributed in conjunction with the center point will effect the moment of inertia, and thus acceleration of the wheel. Try to pick the one with the mass concentrated in the center, rather than the edge.

Remember, the weight of the compressor wheel isn't the end all be all in regards to how it will spool when compared with another. How the mass is distributed in conjunction with the center point will effect the moment of inertia, and thus acceleration of the wheel. Try to pick the one with the mass concentrated in the center, rather than the edge.
I'm not to concerned with weight. More worried about spool up and air flow, price too.