Meduim duty registration costs

RideIcon

CRAZY
Registration costs go up according to the gvwr of the vehicle right? so a f650 with a gvwr of 26000 is going to cost some $$$ to keep registered...
well its going to be slightly lifted and the bed will be mostly useless until i do the kelderman bed lift, so does anyone know about putting a camper on the truck and registering it as an RV? could I drop registration costs dramatically? I know its funny talking about building an f650 and worrying about costs along every step :doh: but im doing this f650 mostly myself and with the help of my buddy's shop so costs should be down, only thing thats going to suck is the 4wd conversion parts, rockwell 2 1/2 ton axles, splitter transfer case, and coilovers.
trying to keep a lifted truck around, by going through the gvwr loophole of the law :evil :evil

Call your local tax folks and ask, laws vary so much by locality it's your best option. Just be sure you get it registered as a personal vehicle rather than commercial.

you can register it as personal and not commercial? lmao, i had no idea...

If you wanted, you can drive a 650 as an everyday vehicle, or at least you used to be able to, some new rules went into effect this year and things might have changed.

Before you go any further with this, I would be doing some talking to the local DOT guys.

Back