Metalic noise coming from turbo area - VIDEO inside

TT_05_Stang

So I had another EGR cooler fail on me(the 4th) and got tired of paying the stealership 2500+ every time. So I purchased a RCD EGR delete, and installed it last weekend. As I am going through I noticed the stealership messed up a few things. One they cross threaded the mounting bolts to the Turbo baseplate, and the baseplate to intake was missing 3 of the bolts... anyway shotty work to say the least...

So I get it all back together and start it up... well I am getting a metallic sound from around the turbo, and I cant tell if its the turbo itself or possibly on of those heat shields on the uppipes, or even the v-band not all the way seated on the turbine side of the turbo...

Anyways here is the video I took on my phone, the noise starts about 2-3 seconds after starting up, like the turbo spooling on idle, and some foriegn matter in the turbine side. I am sure nothing got in as I put blue tape on all holes of the turbo when i took it off and installed it... but I guess anything is possible...

YouTube - July 23, 2010 7:09 AM

Need to get this thing back on the road soon so any help in identifying the issue will net you a beer or two!!!!

Will

Sounds like a blown up-pipe to me. The sound stops too fast when you shut off the truck to be the turbo...but, the turbo is easy to pull off and check, so try that.
If you have a inspection mirror, try to look behind the up-pipes, and look for soot.
Also make sure the turbo to up-pipe connection is "PERFECT".

I am going to go with Extended Power on this one, up pipe for sure...