Might be coming to the DARKSIDE.

unfinished business

Well, I might be coming to the darkside. I am looking at a 2005 f350 crewcab 4x4 6.0 that is lifted with 40's and 25,000 miles on it. I am just wondering what should I look for on this truck? What are common problems? What gears are in these trucks...just wondering due to the tires and lift. I know dodges have issues with the frontend and transmission when you put big tires on and race. Is that the same with fords? Also, I will be drag racing and would love to run 13's on the motor and high 12's on juice...will the trans hold with the power and tires? Would I need studs? I see a lot of guys doing this with stock long blocks but I want to make sure I am not missing anything. Just trying to figure out what I might be getting myself into.

Thank you for your time and helping out a potential powerstroke newbie.

Paul

Well i'd get the VIN of the truck and take it to Ford and have them run and OASIS on it.. Gears would be 3.73's from the factory, but if its got 40's they may have already been changed

how much you wana stick into this truck is the first question???? is reliablity an issue???

I do not want to stick too much into it. Why what are you thinking? I know I will have to spend a few bucks but I don't want to throw 5k at it. I would like a reliable truck. I do not want to be wrenching every weekend.

Paul

5k for the tranny alone, without it you won't be in the 13's for long, if at all. Head studs a must, gauges a must, egr dekete a must, intake a must, exhaust a must, custom tuning a must, and gears a must if you don't have at least 4.30's with 40's.....alot more than 5k if you want 13's. High 13's at that.......Don't want to burst your bubble man.....but hey it will look good

5k for the tranny alone, without it you won't be in the 13's for long, if at all. Head studs a must, gauges a must, egr dekete a must, intake a must, exhaust a must, custom tuning a must, and gears a must if you don't have at least 4.30's with 40's.....alot more than 5k if you want 13's. High 13's at that.......Don't want to burst your bubble man.....but hey it will look good

Nah, you didn't burst it man. I had no idea how strong these transmission were, but I had a feeling it wouldn't hold up to racing with 40's. I appreciate the information.

Thank you,

Paul

ud need 10k even if it werent rollin on 40s, just to make it "reliable" as a 6.0 can get

Back