milage problems

dan33klein

hey guys im getting like 11-12 mpg in my truck and its breaking my wallet.
i just got sdx 5x14s a few monthes ago, and my truck does haze at an idle quite abit, i realize that its getting colder out but i dont drive my truck like an idiot and i used to get alot better milage then i do now driving crazy, any ideas? im saving up for a 62/65/12 as my top turbo to replace this junk hx40, im sure that will help as the 40 spools so slow my egts are so hot and the cruising egts are hot to. im gunna try bumping up my timing also

check fuel pressure and fuel filter. try taking your timing up around 18-21* maybe that would help. what DV's are you running maybe your just flooding the turbos with those 5x14's

stock dvs on the 215 pump, and no, i drive really good because i cant afford to be getting this fuel milage

Just keep your foot out of it. Mileage is very dependent on the driver.

Or buy a motorcycle! LOL

Not to derail...but why do you have a 5R110 tranny?

i have a motorcycle lol been down 6 weeks from a shattered wrist, got the tranny, t case, adapter plate, tripple disk convertor, billet fly wheel and billet adapter plate and stand alone controller off my buddy, the pcs controller and torqshift 5r110 are the best combo, can tune it so tight it will blow out u joints when it shifts lol. plus the torqshifts are built to handle the power. just couldnt turn it down, its a sweet setup