Mild FICM tune?

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
I hear all this talk about the race FICM, and its all good stuff, but I need some info on the mild version. Im buying an FICM from a member on here to send off to Eric and have tuned. How do you like it so far? What differences have you noticed? Anybody have any dyno numbers?

Just go with the race tune colin! Why wonder if there's a difference when the race will show you a seat of the pants difference!
I have the mild now, I can't say it was a night and day difference. But with these 225 (or whatever size) injectors I have, I needed some help clearing up the smoke and using the injector some more, considering my truck is my DD.
I heard before someone put the mild ficm on and it maybe gave a tenth in the quarter I had heard. But I've heard some MAJOR improvements from the race ficm, as in 4/10th of a quarter winnings and truck lengths in between identical trucks who swap ficms.
So I'd look into the race, all out man!

I have the race, but the mild FICM is best for a moderate setup. You will never jump right in and drive off with the race FICM. It REQUIRES a good warm up.

That kinda holds me back right now. There are times where I cant afford a good warm up. How long of one in say 39* Tim?

Honestly Colin, unless your going to go all out, I would not do the race FICM. Is it a hoot to drive, yeah, but for a daily driver, its just not a good thing. The mild FICM will give you more than what you need. Hold off till you come up here, and you can take my truck for a drive. We can swap out the FICM's and show you the difference. Until your oil temps get above 180ish, its not a happy camper. In all honesty, I will probably put this one on the ranger, and get the mild for my red truck.

To answer your question, when its cold, I start it and let it run 10 minutes or so.

ok yea, ill prolly go mild then. I would still like to see the difference though if you dont mind. i dont have a problem with letting it warm up, but at work there are alot of times that i dont have that much notice. Oh well, this turbo Ive got coming mixed with a good SCT tune plus a mild FICM and a little spray should do me just fine. :D

You add in a set of 190's and you have a monster for a daily driver Colin.

So would the only down side be bad startups? Once the truck is up to running temps driving manners are fine? My truck is gonna become less of a DD and more of a weekend warrior, now that I have a gas sipper, so if the only down side is bad startups it wouldnt bother me.

ask Eric and he will tell you, mild FICM is best for stock injectors. i believe with stock injectors there is more to gain with the mild tuning then the extreme "race" tuning as far as the FICMs go. shoot him an email im sure he will explain it better then me

Agreed. Unless your planning BIG modifications in the future, go with the "Mild" tuning.

Haven't ordered mine yet because the Canadian dollar went to s**t , but it was reccommended that with 190's and stock 03 turbo to stick to mild. If I don't get laid off come spring I'll do it then. Gotta love the oil patch. Hey Tim , watch out for them birds !!

Last I heard, he stopped almost a year ago. I think Tim got one of the last ones he did.

Back