Mild steel or SS injector lines ?

p7100

Swedish
I gonna buy some injectors lines soon and wonder what is good and what is bad with mildsteel and the same with SS lines??

Which one is most used out there??

I went with the mild steel... IMO the mild steel handles vibrations better and the SS have a tendency to crack. Also, since EVERY set I've heard of needs a little tweeking to fit right, the mild steel is easier to bend that little bit if you need it.

I'm told mild steel handles the vibration better since it's a little more flexible. I'm buying the mild steel when I do my conversion.

i bought the mild steel. my buddy had a set of SS lines on his 24v and they were always cracking on him.

i bought the mild steel. my buddy had a set of SS lines on his 24v and they were always CRACKING ON HIM.

not cracking... would never seat good and seal, got ss on my 12v and no troubles... a rigid tubing bender is the only way i found easy to bend ss, but if u take your time and care alil you can make ss. work, mine aren't perfect but i got in a hurry cuz truck was down longer than expected

id go with the mild steel lines. I had nothing but problems with the stainless lines cracking on my truck.

I'm told mild steel handles the vibration better since it's a little more flexible. I'm buying the mild steel when I do my conversion.

I heard the same thing the SS's look good but could crack, so I bought a set of 0.84 mild steel fuel lines from KT Performance

wow thanks for all replies:rockwoot:.

We'll se which i buy but it's leaning towards mild steel.

I run SS lines, bought 'em used, and still no cracks yet. They are a ***** to get them to seal to the connection tubes without leaking though.

I used SS first....after putting the third set on we are going to mild steel next time we have a leak..

Mild steel here. No cracks, but have had a couple leaks with them.

Back