Mileage dont seem right.....

BlackhawkRednek

Pure Bred Redneck
My buddy just drove to New Mexico and was pulling a 16ft bumper pull trailer with a Raptor 700 and a Polarias RZR 800 on it. He was only getting 12MPG on the way there running 70MPH. He was only getting 390 miles to a tank. It has the 6.7L and it is bone stock. He hasnt done anything to it. It has just a little over 50,000 miles on it. I dont understand it. I pull a 33' dovetail and get around 21 empty. Any ideas what it could be with his truck?

loose the emissions and let it breath in and out (cold air/exhaust), smarty jr for deletes on setting 2 (tow 60hp). 14.3 mpg on mine pulling a obs ford f250 524miles one way. I get about 17-19 mixed and 20-21. highway hand calc. I was freaked the first time i worked my 6.7 also...all good now.

EGR and DPF sucks man, unless he lives in Cali or somewhere the exhaust sniffer is used, put the deletes on it and like joelc said, let her breathe, a lot of people are saying the 6.7's love more air

Is the 6.7L truck still under warranty??

What is you guys take on leaving the emissions junk on a 6.7L Cummins truck until the warranty is up (100K miles or 5 years IIRC) VS. deleting the emissions junk on day one and risking a failure and not having it convered by the stealer? Chitty sentence..sorry. Im thinking about gettting a 2011 6.7L Dodge Cummins.

With H&S tuning you can turn off the EGR and leave the hardware there, but the exhaust will still be all clogged up.

Thanks!

-I think my question could get some answers that the OP would find useful for talking to his friend about his truck and course of action.

Last edited:
use search... Or pull the chit off, only problems ur gunna have is with the emisions stuff. Clogged DPF, clogged turbo, etc.. Just remember, no warranty so the 215hp tune on stock parts will catch a tow no matter what. I use the Smarty Jr. for the deletes and thats it. I can't afford to F around, i guess thats why i have two trucks though.

You: 5.9
Him: 6.7
Two different animals.

yup, one quite possibly the best diesel motor put in a pickup, and the other one, quite possibly the best also, but restricted like a mofo w/ DPF's and EGR and all that crap...take that off and mileage jumps immensely...and take off the crappy stock vgt and the truck is even better