millitary trucks deuce and halfs

jamesc

was looking at some 2 1/2 ton trucks was wondering if anybody had any knowledge of these are some better than others just lookin to get one to use around the pastures and drive around the house

saw some on gov liquidations selling for around a grand just curious if they were good trucks

are some years/ models better than others or are they all about the same

Make sure you get one that is turbocharged. Some were not.... Its the same engine, but some were not turbo'd. Also, make sure it has an air shift front axle instead of the sprag style.

Hardtop versus softtop is up to you, but the soft tops are much more common. Winch or no winch is up to you, winch trucks always bring a little more money.

They are gutless trucks, but geared low enough that they will do quite a bit. Check out www.steelsoldiers.com for more information.

Yea, the Whistler turbo as its called, I believe the motor designation for those was LDT 465-1C. I think the C is the important part, this designated it as a Whistler turbo, newer trucks had a D designation, with a quieter turbo.

look for a 5 ton cause you can either get a 6CT or a N14 cummins in them, the 6CT is the best cause they are turbocharged and most 5.9 stuff will bolt on them, they got a p-pump on them also.....

I know they have two different diesels for sure. They being a White multi-fuel diesel engine and a Cummins. I think the Cummins is the NTC 855 version if i remember right.