MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

We're aiming for something like Davis traction control where the only input is driveshaft speed and its compared to a perfect curve. Don't know if we'll have it this year but our requests are supposedly up next.

That kind of instantaneous fuel quantity control is were the DRV is really going to earn its keep.

ground speed radar ... don't hate :cheer:

Haha i would like to see how much that can put you guys ahead. It's how the big guys do it. Detect tire slip and pull a half degree of timing out of it

I don't think this is entirely correct. If you're talking about anyone running NHRA, they are not allowed to use any device that senses wheel slip and consequently reduces power in some sense (aka "Traction Control").

Most of the guys that need to worry about tire spin to that extent (Top Fuel, Pro Stock, Pro Mod, Top Alcohol, Comp, etc.) must pull power at certain intervals throughout the run using a tune that is predetermined prior to the run. In simple terms that just means no traction control devices.

I hope this helps!

In Ryan's case, if he were to run NHRA or any sanctioning body that followed their rules, he would not be able to use his traction control function.

Last edited:
Per nhrda rules:
In no way are these rules intended to supersede or replace the current NHRA and/or IHRA and/or Track Rules. NHRA rules apply at NHRA tracks, IHRA rules apply at IHRA tracks

I hope the tracks dont implement there own rules per class and accociate them to our classes. Or can they? (meaning electronics) Just a thought. Sure hope not......Btw truck looks beautiful Ryan. Nice work!!!

Last edited:
We use a boost controller to limit power at the hit and bring it in throughout the run. If the track is bad we manually pull timing before the run. Totally different ballgame but it works for those cars. On the Pro Turbo cars 6 degrees pulled is about 1000HP.

We use a boost controller to limit power at the hit and bring it in throughout the run. If the track is bad we manually pull timing before the run. Totally different ballgame but it works for those cars. On the Pro Turbo cars 6 degrees pulled is about 1000HP.

why you gotta act like you know all the cool $hit ?

I'm sure he can make up traction issues with suspension tuning rather than pulling power. Shock travel sensors seem to be helpful in shock adjustment.

I'm sure he can make up traction issues with suspension tuning rather than pulling power. Shock travel sensors seem to be helpful in shock adjustment.

Not really. When the suspension is right, it's right. The easiest way to get down a bad track is power management and it looks like they're on the right path.

Last edited:
Seems like the power is the easy part of the diesel industry and a good chassis is the hard side. I'm sure they'll figure out all the gremlins.

Not really. When the suspension is right, it's right. The easiest way to get down a bad track is power management and it looks like they're on the right path.

I hope so, looks like Ryan has some real time into this thing. It does seem like most the really strong trucks can hook for sh!t

312e72d7ac832eeb020d38fad68de4da.jpg

dd3daa4952bf68c647dd17eaa307de99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll bite. What is the sensor at the relief valve?

That display/monitor is really nice.

It's not a sensor its a pressure control valve. We've been using that for a couple years. Can be setup as a variable relief off a open loop table that instantly dumps fuel on de-throttle.

Who machined the rail for it? We need another one and my machinest is called golden rods for a good reason.

Last edited:
It's not a sensor its a pressure control valve. We've been using that for a couple years. Can be setup as a variable relief off a open loop table that instantly dumps fuel on de-throttle.

Who machined the rail for it? We need another one and my machinest is called golden rods for a good reason.

Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea.

I had uncle Ron do it for me, we had to get creative with it but it worked out!

We're loaded up and headed to TX...

a7dc2c896e864fa61a6f7456c60728a1.jpg

Have fun Ryan! Most be tough having to pilot two of the baddest diesel race vehicles in existence.

Have fun Ryan! Most be tough having to pilot two of the baddest diesel race vehicles in existence.

Thanks Rob! It is tough but, I'll do my best to cope with the pains ?

See you in Ennis this weekend???

Saw the run on the live feed...looked like it left hard at least!

Back