MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

So..... You're not supposed to do half track burnouts??? Looks like I've got some chassis adjustments to be made as well as repairing a cracked weld on a lower radiator hose. We'll be back for Rudys!

In other news I went 141mph in 660' and 177 out the back door today in the Batmobile so...... All in all I call today a success ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That had to be a ride for sure. I'm guessing it was like this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDDfJh6CkS8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDDfJh6CkS8[/ame]

What have you done with the front suspension in the truck? It seems I've seen lots of activity in the back, but don't remember what changes were in the front end, if any. Much of the "hook" in a drag chassis is found there.... :)

Also, I think Mini deserves to be your avatar.....

Here's a crappy cell phone vid I took. Truck left hard and sounded great. Once you get it lined out gonna be unstoppable.

https://vimeo.com/124744934

There is definitely a lot of capability on the table that I've got to figure out how to take advantage of. Baby steps though and it should come in due time. Vollmer made some HUGE shoes to fill yesterday setting the record to an 8.5X from the 8.81 that it was!

What have you done with the front suspension in the truck? It seems I've seen lots of activity in the back, but don't remember what changes were in the front end, if any. Much of the "hook" in a drag chassis is found there.... :)

Also, I think Mini deserves to be your avatar.....

Front suspension is completely stock with a set of fancy shocks Bolted on from the same company that did my rear coil overs. Major overhaul intended this winter will include cutting all of that off and going to a chromoly tube strut style front end with bias ply skinnies.... But for now I'm working with the dick I've got. ?

On the subject of avatar, I agree, need to find a good pic and make it happen.

b0207f4ccfc7ae22b1d8c164c7d89387.jpg

Awesome pic! When it starts behaving hopefully I'll get some good action shots of it I could use.

How much is done to the front on equal trucks in the class? I imagine the upgrades suspension will help it droop?

Vollmer has Chromoly strut front end I believe

May I suggest that you maintain a decent amount of travel.... Lots of struts limit you to 3 or so inches of travel.... I know Strange sells their GT struts with up to 7" of travel. Might be needed to transfer all that mighty Cummins weight to the rear tires.... A lot of high powered street drag cars have switched back to a arms for longer travel, but it's not necessary, you can be light and keep the struts and have your travel as well..... Truck looks fantastic by the way.....

fc756da561ae8bcc3b0e0fdca6c308d3.jpg

Think I found the reason for my half track burnout, zoom in and look under the front bumper in this pic... We'll fix that and try again before we make any chassis/tire changes!

You could see it in the Diesel TV vid something was coming out in front of the tire. Handled it surprisingly well.

It didn't get the least bit unsettled from the drivers perspective, I just thought the converter never locked until I lifted and felt the tires "chirp" when they hooked up.

You went by us spinning, but perfectly straight. I'd say it's setup pretty well for a starting point. Great pic.

Back