MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

I have mirror deletes but I don't think they weight that much, I'll mess with it after Rudy's I guess.

Truck is ready to go into the trailer, we're pulling out of town tomorrow AM Rudy's bound........ hail mary!

:tree::rockwoot:

I though mirror deletes were indeed outlawed by the EPA?

Don't try and be a hero. Last thing you want to do is waste a couple chargers because one of them is messed up or send something through the new engine. Baby steps....

I think the damage is done on the manifold charger, will find out tomorrow when we yank it apart but the turbine housing very closely resembles...

260a8783cbecc91892f7e7d3291066b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still driving, wrenches will start flying as soon as we park this pile.

Hey, at least it looked fantastic....LOL

I'm sure it'll come around. That no lockup would have been a real **** around.

Hey, at least it looked fantastic....LOL

I'm sure it'll come around. That no lockup would have been a real **** around.

I have no idea why I didn't catch it sooner, I checked it on jack stands and it would load the motor down but i never mashed on the brakes hard enough to try to stop the tires, just saw that it changed engine tone when I hit the switch and assumed it was fully functional.

I made pass after pass wondering why the hell my truck sounded like a snowmobile and why I kept having to stack the shifts in order to get it to run right, finally I started doubting lockup, we checked it again, I could completely stop the tires with lockup "on" although it would load it down harder. I'm headed to Fleece right now to make some adjustments/repairs, will be tearing into the trans to find out exactly why its not locking like it should and I have a spare converter with me as well.

THE PLAN... is to head to Indy Wednesday night with Ben Shadday and potentially the Sullivan boys for testing with;

New manifold charger.

Functional TC lockup.

Switching out rear shocks for dual adjustable. (our shock guys are in same Building as Fleece).

ECU set on kill. :st:

On diesel TV I was wondering what it had for a trans because the shifts seemed way to soft.

You had mentioned using a driver on the ecu to control lockup did you run a relay from the driver? If the driver is current protected it might not be pulling down all the way.

On diesel TV I was wondering what it had for a trans because the shifts seemed way to soft.

You had mentioned using a driver on the ecu to control lockup did you run a relay from the driver? If the driver is current protected it might not be pulling down all the way.

That's one of my thoughts, although I hard wired it at the track and nothing changed, so either that's not the issue or the damage was done to the converter and the clutches are wiped clean from half ass signal going to the solenoid.

As of now, I plan on putting a relay between the ECU and the VB for the lockup circuit, swapping out the converter to the spare, inspecting the TC circuit in the VB & flipping lockup on while someone's under neath the truck making sure the solenoid is activating and not just buzzing or something silly. Hopefully we find something...

Pretty sure the TC clutch is toast even after a single full power pass if it's slipping. Glazes over. Torrey and gang were lunching converter clutches and seems to me after they went to relay instantaneous vs the PWM engagement of the trans controller problems gone.

Come to think of it, when I first plugged in the ECU, the output's were all set to some setting that made all of my relays buzz like crazy, Andrew from S&S helped me switch them all over to an on/off but now I'm wondering if that one ever got switched or maybe the buzzing damaged the solenoid.... Grrrrrrr

On a lighter note, at least it looks good going slow ?

57f079f2723d35ad52e8527e52c5c639.jpg

More props to you Ryan, I don't know how you run a shop and stay on the road for week or two at a time. My stress level is through the roof leaving my crew of minions alone for more then one day!

My shops not a normal "shop", mostly just used for personal use, R&D and dyno appointments... Tuning/Sales is my bread and butter, as long as I have an Internet connection I can work...

4b204b8284e9a668074a69d240d8259e.jpg

Recently found out pretty damn fast service too. Especially for being off to the races.

Few flesh wounds but it'll be fine for the rest of the year. 480/96 going in its place and I'm wiring in lockup solenoid relay now.

Back