MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

806a6463d299df60374b26344dd78323.jpg

3dbf7b8905cc086bab8128f7b044063a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistons were perfect, we pulled the head chasing a coolant pressure issue, thinking we had a crack somewhere but found our fire rings didn't have enough crush even though the studs were pulled to spec so we're going to make a small adjustment in that area and slap it back together. Almost got my lockup wiring legit and will be dropping the trans tomorrow to dig further into that as well as swap converter.

Lol. I was wondering how you handled 2 full time jobs. Getting a serious racecar dialed in can be a huge job. Throw in a massive weight bias and it gets even harder. Hate to see carnage, but that will bring improvement. Keep up the good work.

Lol. I was wondering how you handled 2 full time jobs. Getting a serious racecar dialed in can be a huge job. Throw in a massive weight bias and it gets even harder. Hate to see carnage, but that will bring improvement. Keep up the good work.

The major push is just trying to get it right before my wife pops (due the week after TS)... At this rate I may not even be the one behind the wheel at TS!

Looks like secret squirrel batmowheel turbine.

It's the high flow low drag model

Do garret turbine wheels tend to have issues? This is no comparison to your situation but nearly every 4294 I pull off of a 60 series Detroit has a turbine wheel like yours. The s464 and k31 turbos I pull off of the same engines are never like that.

I ran a 4202 all last year, although I had functional lockup last year and sprayed water.. It lived.

I melted egt probes right off on my GTX4508r triples and the turbine stayed perfect. The shaft on the other hand....

Both the compressor wheel and turbine shaft are pretty chicken ****. You went in a good direction changing out to the s400

I melted egt probes right off on my GTX4508r triples and the turbine stayed perfect. The shaft on the other hand....

Both the compressor wheel and turbine shaft are pretty chicken ****. You went in a good direction changing out to the s400

I've been told that the GTX4508R shafts are better and of course the ball bearings being better than journal

Head is at the machine shop, shocks are at the manufacturer getting internal adjustments, pretty sure I cured our lockup issue with the relay, and.... We just lost power to the whole building so I got my generator out of the race trailer and am using that to power my mobile office on the tail gate of the race truck lol

so, why no s400 based charger then?
simply for ball bearings or what?
simpler, stouter, and cheaper..

so, why no s400 based charger then?
simply for ball bearings or what?
simpler, stouter, and cheaper..

S480/96-1.10T6 Divided is going in its place, if Garrett had decent turbine housing options in T6 divided for the 4718x I'd use one of them on the manifold but..... those don't seem to exist.

I have seen S400 turbines do the same.

I have as well, I think we have lockup functional which should really help out with the useless heat department and hopefully going from 87mm turbine to 96mm turbine helps dissipate whatever is left.

Back