MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

5a5b7015f66bd87a5d0b2236efca68ab.jpg

5857ff3aae166306f59faa69b4f13611.jpg

Million dollar question, what failed first, turbine or housing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would bet money on the housing failed first which obviously took out the turbine. Would seem significantly less likely for small pieces of the turbine wheel to go backwards and take out a housing.

Those pumps were likely hating life when that rail was capped. Really doubt draining two healthy stroker pumps on 1300us. We're you logging current to the DRV?

Not concerned with temps?

It has a pyro now, as well as a flashing red alarm when it gets too warm.

Those pumps were likely hating life when that rail was capped. Really doubt draining two healthy stroker pumps on 1300us. We're you logging current to the DRV?

Yes PRV had plenty of current going to it, supply pressure was good. They're a true 450% over that I had set to 500mm3 (1350us/36kpsi rail). Although we had a multiplier set crazy that I didn't know existed so I was commanding 500mm3 but it was actually trying to accomplish 600-610mm3. Multiplier is now set to 1 on a 400mm3 command so we're at 1125us/36kpsi now. Hopefully without the multiplier toying with us, I'll be able to creep back up on that 500mm3 mark, slowly...

It's going on the dyno when I get home so I can make sure it's hitting its set points and locking up before we take it to the track.......

Boy do those brand new turbos look good.

Wow that is a ton of fuel

I assume you are running a non divided manifold? I've seen guys have problems like this but usually with nitrous. Also seen some knife edge that center section to help with flow and hot spots if using a divided housing and non divided manifold.

Last edited:
We're using a divided t6 manifold and housing.

Any chance you used an undivided gasket ? Was your mainifold ok? Sure looks like an undivided manifold type melt down.

Any chance you used an undivided gasket ? Was your mainifold ok? Sure looks like an undivided manifold type melt down.

No, correct gasket was used. With tons of heat generated from no lockup and low rail pressure... The turbine and housing just gave up before the manifold did. As far as I know we have identified a culprit for every issue and rectified everything we found... It goes back together in the AM whenever the machine shop will give it up and give me my head back ?

e9c4edfe932de626eca01b5154ff41e1.jpg

Think you will run tomorrow or head back home. Great progress man. Keep up the hard work

i saw braydens balls on the mill getting the turbine housing done. your housing now has aids.

The first time it gets as hot as the last one, there ain't gonna be anything aids related left alive on it...

We're headed home, truck in tow, happy as could be! Taking the weekend off for much needed downtime and back at it again full speed next week.

You mean you dont wanna spend the weekend at the track? WTF?

You routing through Birmingham?

We'll be doing a high speed fly by thru Birmingham sometime this afternoon/evening ?

Back