MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

There really isn't anything to be gained dropping below 400mA. It takes a lot of pump to maintain 36k.

I'm coming to realize this. Right now I've got two 10mm pumps, I figured they would have carried me to at least 1400hp. Few more things to try tomorrow, then potentially two 12mm or two 13mm pumps are in my future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm coming to realize this. Right now I've got two 10mm pumps, I figured they would have carried me to at least 1400hp. Few more things to try tomorrow, then potentially two 12mm or two 13mm pumps are in my future.

Very nice numbers. I would have thought so too on the pumps. Heck with two stockers 1100 - 1200 can be had but with 6k lower rail. I'm gonna say the 36k rail is asking a lot. Mind I ask why the rail so high? With your nozzles so large and duration so low it seems I would want a slightly bigger duration and turn down rail some. Would be much easier on injectors, pumps and pistons wouldn't it? Running that clean has got to be creating higher piston temps.

I don't have a good answer as to why rail so high other than they just seem to like it. If rail pressure is a key pillar of quantity, and it can't keep up, why would lower rail and more duration make any more power? Can't keep up is can't keep up no matter how you stack the bricks.

I don't have a good answer as to why rail so high other than they just seem to like it. If rail pressure is a key pillar of quantity, and it can't keep up, why would lower rail and more duration make any more power? Can't keep up is can't keep up no matter how you stack the bricks.

I'd say the only issue with that is the volume the pumps can move at different pressure levels. If say they can pump 20% more volume at 30k psi then you'd be able to run a much longer duration.

Their is also the factor of rpm. This effects the amount of time fuel has to flow into the plungers. If the rail is being drained in higher rpm their is a couple things happening. The injectors are firing faster, requiring more fuel and the plungers have less time to fill. Their is a point where going over 80psi feed pressure is beneficial. Once you cross over the 80psi feed pressure you are putting more fuel into the plungers with higher rpm. Wonder if ramping feed pressure boost referenced would help you out. Maybe your plungers just aren't filling ATW. I read about this years ago when john Isaacs and relentless was doing pumps. I remember them having significant gains on the dyno with the same tuning. I think this was on a single pump application tho but the theory should relate.

12mm from S&S or 13mm from Fleece.... Hmmmm

Looks good Ryan

!300 should be enough to make that baby roll! Get it to the ground and it should ride. I did the boost reference on the pumps and seen nothing. Is the truck going to be at TS?

Their is also the factor of rpm. This effects the amount of time fuel has to flow into the plungers. If the rail is being drained in higher rpm their is a couple things happening. The injectors are firing faster, requiring more fuel and the plungers have less time to fill. Their is a point where going over 80psi feed pressure is beneficial. Once you cross over the 80psi feed pressure you are putting more fuel into the plungers with higher rpm. Wonder if ramping feed pressure boost referenced would help you out. Maybe your plungers just aren't filling ATW. I read about this years ago when john Isaacs and relentless was doing pumps. I remember them having significant gains on the dyno with the same tuning. I think this was on a single pump application tho but the theory should relate.

This is VE pump talk..

Looks great!!!

afcb3f79c2a733f0d73a0910bc0608bb.jpg

Not on my dyno, need to upgrade to the new software.

Back