Missing TPS

sweetdreamz

Finally figured out why my transmission had no overdrive, no TPS unit telling it what to do. I can buy a unit and fab a plate for it but, where do i get that adjustment screw that sits between the TPS and the throttle? Does it come with the TPS?

We'll it might help if u gave some info on mods considering a 12v which is the vehicle in your sig doesn't have a tps in the first place

Apparently not, but it needs one, I'll give ya a pot if you want to go that route, otherwise I have everything off mine I suppose I would sell, mines on a switch. The piece between the pump and tps is just a little bolt.

Can you see/find wiring around the top of the IP, that use to go to the stock/OEM TPS? It'd be a 3-conductor plug.

- Is there any evidence that someone has extended those three conductors to a potentiometer (POT) in the cab?

In the following image, while it's not labeled, the TPS plug is in that one cable assembly, just to the right of the Crankshaft Position Sensor plug. You can see the TPS at the top of the IP.

SensorSwitchLocation.jpg

Anyhoo, you need those three conductors.

No, a new stock/OEM $300(+) TPS does not come with that adjustment thingy.

- This fella has a much cheaper way to replace it: How to replace 1st gen Cummins TPS with one from a Chrysler 3.0 v6

Most of the regular POT fixes deal with a static setting. The above keeps the dynamic function. ;)

Last edited:
Back