Mitusa VS. GDP Fuel Boss

BSwope

I need help!!
Im gonna be ordering one of these systems and want to know the pros and cons of both systems! Who likes what about both, talk me into one!!:pop:

Thanks fellas
Buddy

Here's a couple pics of a MITUSA installed.

Attachments

• 102_1715.jpg
    102_1715.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 102_1717.jpg
    102_1717.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 112
  • 102_1719.jpg
    102_1719.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 96
OT-OF-Here said:
I went with the Mitusa. Very satisfied.

I see your sig says fluidamper in it, do you have a custom bracket for your MITUSA made up?

Thanks for the pics Brett, looks great!! One thing though, looks like the belt was rubbin alittle on the motor pully?

Last edited:
BSwope said:
Thanks for the pics Brett, looks great!! One thing though, looks like the belt was rubbin alittle on the motor pully?

Rubbing? I believe it was on this truck for some reason the belt was a lil looser than normal, and we ended up putting a 1 tooth bigger pulley on it after these pics. Must of been a lil variance in the machining on the block. But these kog belts aren't suppose to be real tight like most types.

Brett S

Oooops!

dzlfarmboy said:
I see your sig says fluidamper in it, do you have a custom bracket for your MITUSA made up?

Forgot to change that in my sig since the install of the Mitusa. I guess it can work but it would be shimmed or spaced too far out for my liking so I just removed it. Tks for bringing that to my attention.

Mitusa

PSI is adjustable with the fuel regulator. Mine idles at 17psi and at wot I'll hit 22 or 23psi.

I have the Lvl 2 pump so I am NOT sure if the gph that Opie quoted me is for mine or the Lvl 1 pump as I had the Lvl 1 pump originally but that was my mistake in ordering. I was quoted 275gph which is as consistent as your 5.9 is at making power.

Go Mitusa and forget your fuel delivery problem.

BigYellowIron said:
Will the MITSUSA work on a 12v? What is the max pressure and flow of this pump?

You can set them up for a 12v just have to use a Aeromotive regulator thats adjustable.

GDP fuel boss. Richard is easy to get ahold of and has the best customer service out there...

They even make them for the Duramax if you can imagine that !

Attachments

• MIT4 (Small).jpg
    MIT4 (Small).jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 68
All you guys running aftermarket pumps, do you have problems getting fuel in the last 1/4 tank? Ive heard you pretty much have to get used to having 3/4 of a useful tank.

Not with a Duramax , at least with mine I ran mine empty a few times and it was a cinch to prime . Just pinch the return line and it starts immediately. Some have had wierd issues with below 1/4 tank but not with mine !

C.A.P said:
They even make them for the Duramax if you can imagine that !

I wish the cummins version mounted up top.......so it could be used with a fluid damper...

BigYellowIron said:
Will the MITSUSA work on a 12v? What is the max pressure and flow of this pump?

Opie set my up with the big gusher pump for my race truck. At an idle PSI is 28-30. At 3000 rpm pressure is above 120 psi. Keep in mind I do not have any of the factory fuel filter housings just the one Opie sent with the kit.

Has worked flawlessly.

Malcolm