MLM Rules

redneckrebel

Full Pull
I spoke to Brian (MLM) and he is NOT going to allow NOS or Propane this year. PTPA has also done the same. I havent talked to Mike with L&L, I'm not sure if he is going this way or not. Brian will be up dating his rules soon to reflect these changes and any other changes.

I think you should have to score a certain amount on an IQ test, and pass a drug test to be allowed to use nitrous at the pulls. Then there wouldnt be any more problems.

2010 I was hoping to be running NOS. I can drag with it. I will try to get ahold of Mike (L&L) next week.

I believe Brian actually stopped the use of it after the Solano County Fair :)

Good, that puts us in line with the other sled pulling organizations across the country :)

BBD

i agree...

if it wasn't for a two individuals this rule wouldn't be in play. ultimately being careless with it led to its demise. while i don't run it sled pulling i think it should be allowed in our top class if you want to use it.

I think you should have to score a certain amount on an IQ test, and pass a drug test to be allowed to use nitrous at the pulls. Then there wouldnt be any more problems.

i think it should be allowed in our top class if you want to use it.

I disagree, it shouldn't be allowed in any class, if folks can't use it responsibly in the lower classes who say's they will in the higher classes. again this puts us inline with the other big organizations.

Use it on the race track all day if you want :)

BBD

^^^ What's the difference between race track and pulling track?

I talked to Mike (L&L), he said, no one is allowing "NOS" or "PROPANE" this year. L&L,MLM,PTPA or VTPA. Not sure what NADM.

And that's why I'm not goin to the West Coast Nationals in a month, they first came out with the rules saying it's legal so I printed off the entrance form and got it all filled out, then a week later they changed it saying no NOS.
I talked to Mike (L&L), he said, no one is allowing "NOS" or "PROPANE" this year. L&L,MLM,PTPA or VTPA. Not sure what NADM.

^^^ What's the difference between race track and pulling track?

A race track is usally a hard surface, blacktop I think, and the track is anywere from 1/8 to 1/4 mile long. A pulling track is constructed of dirt good ones have some glay in them and the track is usally 300' long some times it's shorter and sometimes longer depending on the venue.

BBD

And that's why I'm not goin to the West Coast Nationals in a month, they first came out with the rules saying it's legal so I printed off the entrance form and got it all filled out, then a week later they changed it saying no NOS.
Is anyone going to the WCN? How do I get a entrance form? Sure would be a good shakedown hook for me.:rockwoot:

Joe

Go on 4ptpa.com, click on membership and print the form, fill it out and send it in before February and it's $50, after then it goes up to $75, make sure you check the rules too, they have a lot and are pretty strict, that's another reason I'm not goin, don't have time to make my truck legal.
Is anyone going to the WCN? How do I get a entrance form? Sure would be a good shakedown hook for me.:rockwoot:

Joe

i didn't have all of the required safety items to meet their rules so i won't be signing up.

You guy's do know that those are MLM rules right ? same ones we have been using for the modified class for years, with exception of the drugs which was instituted at the end of last year.

You guy's do know that those are MLM rules right ? same ones we have been using for the modified class for years, with exception of the drugs which was instituted at the end of last year.

Don't know about that Scott, some of those rules are kinda overkill like the engine shielding rule.....come on, that is a little excessive IMHO. Looks like I will not be attending this event cuz of certain rules. I meet most of them except for the protective clothing, engine shielding and master cut-off. Ain't gonna go out and buy a fire suit just for this hook.

Joe

Don't know about that Scott, some of those rules are kinda overkill like the engine shielding rule.....come on, that is a little excessive IMHO. Looks like I will not be attending this event cuz of certain rules. I meet most of them except for the protective clothing, engine shielding and master cut-off. Ain't gonna go out and buy a fire suit just for this hook.

Joe

Here is a link to 08 MLM rules. When MLM updates his rules, someone will post them.
http://www.mlm-motorsports.com/rules.html

No mention of fire suites for Super Street.
Helmets, drive line loops and u-joint shields, and not sure about the master cut-off. Several trucks run with out a master cut-off.
If you are unsure about the rules call Brian. He will be more than happy to go over any questions you may have. I have.

http://www.mlm-motorsports.com/mlmhome.html

Good luck, we all just want to hook.

Yeah, I just found those rules, looks like they have finally updated the Diesel rules to where they should be. I will not be attending the WCN cuz of the safety items I am lacking for their Modified class. If they had some lower classes running then I would be ready to go but I am not going to spend anymore cash on safety items for a class I would get beat-down in. :hehe:

Joe

Yeah, I just found those rules, looks like they have finally updated the Diesel rules to where they should be. I will not be attending the WCN cuz of the safety items I am lacking for their Modified class. If they had some lower classes running then I would be ready to go but I am not going to spend anymore cash on safety items for a class I would get beat-down in. :hehe:

Joe

Looks to me like:
1) the WCN has enough vehicles for a pullin' event and doesn't want any more.
2) the WCN draws enough people to thier events and doesn't need anymore.
3) the WCN isn't diesel pick-up friendly...but they want to appear that they are, so they offer a class...that only a couple (1 that I know of) of trucks will fit into.
$.02

Back