MLM Rules

They don't have a lot time so they just want the mods, I can think of 4 maybe 5 that will be there, think outside of Cali :) This doesn't include me as I haven't gotten my chargers back yet and don't know that I will by then.

BBD

In Santa Maria they are the only event and have all day. John and I pulled with them 2 years, then Doug pulled 1. Last year they didn't have any diesels and didn't respond to any of my e-mails.

Just a note for future referance...The Santa Maria track is a 250', moist, soft, clay/sand mixed horse arena. Not a great pulling surface. 9 times out of 10 the self propelled sled has to be towed back to the start.

In Santa Maria they are the only event and have all day. John and I pulled with them 2 years, then Doug pulled 1. Last year they didn't have any diesels and didn't respond to any of my e-mails.

Just a note for future referance...The Santa Maria track is a 250', moist, soft, clay/sand mixed horse arena. Not a great pulling surface. 9 times out of 10 the self propelled sled has to be towed back to the start.

Thanks for the heads up on the Santa Maria track. if I get the truck done in time and can go I will probally just show up at Tulare.

BBD

2009 rules are up and nitrous and propane are still allowed in the VTPA!!!!!!!

Have they ever updating anything on the diesel side? I see they still have only2 classes.

I like this one in the modified rules :nail:
EX12. Vehicle must be currently licensed and insured

Guess I will get in it and drive her down to the DMV :)

BBD

I don't think MLM has been following those rules for years becasue I saw smokinmax pull in the modified class at sonora and a few others and I am pretty sure they dont have all those requirements on them. Rules, Rules, Rules pretty soon no more clases but modifieds. The rules are a bit overboard.

I called and talked to a member of VTPA and he said, if it's in the rules than we will allow it.
check b4 the event to make sure they dont change this rule.

Yeah, and the new rules are a bit overboard. I can't get over how they jump from almost basic work stock rules in the street class straight to extreme modified. Nothing in between. Guess I am gonna have to get to work on making a cable to hook to the sled, save money for a fire suit and helmet and put in more and more sheilding.:nail:

Joe

I'll just put some fishing line through my back window to my key they can pull that if they want to shut it off.

I don't think MLM has been following those rules for years becasue I saw smokinmax pull in the modified class at sonora and a few others and I am pretty sure they dont have all those requirements on them. Rules, Rules, Rules pretty soon no more clases but modifieds. The rules are a bit overboard.

The rules have been the same for years, I didn't say they were enforced or followed.

Are you sure Sonora was a MLM pull? just because the terminator was there doesn't mean it was there pull, you might want to do some research.

Rules are needed to help grow the sport, make thing fair, and keep it safe not only for the pullers, but the promoters and spectators as well.

BBD

pretty sure that in 2006 it was an MLM pull when you had your old truck and even tom pulled against you then and nick

Maybe if we had the class of trucks the east coast does but not here. I dont think your going to draw more spectators if you push away a lot of pullers with rules.

IMO, If you don't have rules to divide the classes then you have Tom, Nick, and I pulling with daily driven or slightly stronger trucks cleaning house and they get discouraged, I have seen that already.

BBD

Yeah, and the new rules are a bit overboard. I can't get over how they jump from almost basic work stock rules in the street class straight to extreme modified. Nothing in between. Guess I am gonna have to get to work on making a cable to hook to the sled, save money for a fire suit and helmet and put in more and more sheilding.:nail:

Joe

Correct me if I am wrong guy's but those have been the same VTPA rules for a couple years as well, nothing new.

I agree with you Joe, to big of a gap between the two classes. I asked a couple years ago if they would give us a third class and got no reply.

BBD

IMO, If you don't have rules to divide the classes then you have Tom, Nick, and I pulling with daily driven or slightly stronger trucks cleaning house and they get discouraged, I have seen that already.

BBD

I understand that and I have no problems with the multiple classes but I know that they dont always abide by those rules in the modified class.

I also wish that the West Coast Nationals would either let some of the trucks like nick, and tom and other guys like that run or make a second class they can run in. I understand they dnt want all these stock pickups or slightly modified trucks show up there so thats why they do it. I just think it would be more exciting if they let the good trucks pull modified rules or not. I do understand safety comes first but you cant just keep adding more and more rules thats been proven in the past it causes people to wanna break them. plus its not very hard to get away with when they dont check them very well.

Didn't L&L put the pulls on at sonora last year? I wasn't sure i know they are doing it this year or at least thats what I think I read.

I also wish that the West Coast Nationals would either let some of the trucks like nick, and tom and other guys like that run or make a second class they can run in. I understand they dnt want all these stock pickups or slightly modified trucks show up there so thats why they do it. I just think it would be more exciting if they let the good trucks pull modified rules or not. I do understand safety comes first but you cant just keep adding more and more rules thats been proven in the past it causes people to wanna break them. plus its not very hard to get away with when they dont check them very well.

Didn't L&L put the pulls on at sonora last year? I wasn't sure i know they are doing it this year or at least thats what I think I read.

Yeah I agree it would be nice if they had three classes, I don't have any control over that, but perhaps if enough folks spoke up they might listen.

Correct L&L with MLM sled last year at Sonora, and I hear this year again. You can use drugs in the MLM Modified class as well.

IMO the best way to proceed is to pick an oraganization you wish to pull with, look at there rules, and build your truck to there rules. The rules here locally have not changed in years!!!! so they shouldn't be a surprise unless folks have never looked at them before.

BBD

Ya but that's about all that there is to go to around here. Most of the pulls I went to last year were VTPA, I don't have a problem going to their pulls. Scott you also said in MLM modified you can use drugs, hopefully that's true cause then I can pull twice at one event, but I doubt Brian is going to allow nitrous this year.
VTPA pulls are not even worth going to.

Back