MLM Rules

I know what you mean that they have not changed, but I think that it gives people the wrong idea when they allow things to slip in the rules. I remeber that when I pulled in 2006 at sonora, and I was told I could not hang weights. Then I saw someone else doing it in my class, so I went ahead and did it also. I would not have minded going without if everyone had been held to the same accountability. Consistancy in rules is the big issue. I am not knocking MLM because Bryan was absolutly more than helpful to me that night and always has been when I have pulled at other MLM events. They do a great job. There are a lot of us who follow the rules and I know you are one of them, but there are too many people that screw up and cause the pulling organizations to make more rules. Another point is I think that the West Coast Nationals in tulare has the potential to have a crownd like turlock. Though the track in turlock is bad, and is done by shippman motorsports, it draws a big crowd because it is one of the best fairs in the valley and this keeps pullers coming back and pulling fans coming back. If we have the World Ag Expo at our door there is no reason they cant do a modified class and a street/modified class like nick, tom, cole and so on. I think we need to work on it. I have been going to the west coast nationals in tulare since 04 and it seems to be drawing less and less people. It is sad, and I think they can only improve with more diesel trucks because that is what appeals to the everyday person. Especially at the Farm Show.

Last edited:
Ya but that's about all that there is to go to around here. Most of the pulls I went to last year were VTPA, I don't have a problem going to their pulls. Scott you also said in MLM modified you can use drugs, hopefully that's true cause then I can pull twice at one event, but I doubt Brian is going to allow nitrous this year.

I know and I wish there were others. Its sad that it has come to this. I don't why the pullling organizations couldn't get someone to inspect the trucks and allow the ones who know what they are doing, Like you, to pull with nitrous. All they need to say is it needs to follow certain standards if it is going to be used. Then list the standards. Then have an inspector go around and make sure they follow those rules. If they dont then they dont get to pull. There is no reason to outlaw it.

i used to agree, but i'll be honest. last year i hooked WAY more than i ever have in one season before. for a while i had at least 1 hook a week.. that was because i followed cole's lead and started hitting up vtpa events. while they don't us the respect MLM does (i'm spoiled by the Massetti's) they do give us events and they have a good crowd. sure we have to wait until the end, but some of the best hooking track i was on last year were at VTPA events. and with the price of fuel last summer i didn't have to drive 500 miles to get to a pull. i plan on doing the MLM, J&H, and VTPA events again this year.

and i don't believe MLM will permit drugs in any class from now on.

VTPA pulls are not even worth going to.

not sure if mlm's rules have been updated yet or not, but propane and nitrous are allowed in the modified class, so the website says.

Seeing that we have our local guy's in here, anybody know where I can get some weight's? PM please! Back on the subject now;)

The really bad thing about vtpa is they have all those old antique tractors and we have to wait around forever thats why I never go to them.

i plan on doing the MLM, J&H, and VTPA events again this year

I'll be right there with ya Nick, you should try and hit up some of the L&L events in Newman as well. I'm gonna try and hit as many of those up as I can cuz they are good test & tune hooks on a good hooking track. Just sucks Newman is a good 4-5 hour drive for me.....

Joe

i dont think nick likes the antique sled at newman, which i have seen break several times.

the good thing about newman though is you can get 2-3 hooks in.

i don't mind newman's track, but i don't care for their sled. L&L are good people so i'll go if they contract out another sled. that old sled took out a weight bar on my truck and slammed my head into the roof :)

Ya but most the time they're at high schools so theres a bunch a good lookin girls walkin around and then before you know it the diesels are up!
The really bad thing about vtpa is they have all those old antique tractors and we have to wait around forever thats why I never go to them.

That sure was fun goin to 1 or 2 pulls a week last year and I plan on doin it again this summer!
i used to agree, but i'll be honest. last year i hooked WAY more than i ever have in one season before. for a while i had at least 1 hook a week.. that was because i followed cole's lead and started hitting up vtpa events. while they don't us the respect MLM does (i'm spoiled by the Massetti's) they do give us events and they have a good crowd. sure we have to wait until the end, but some of the best hooking track i was on last year were at VTPA events. and with the price of fuel last summer i didn't have to drive 500 miles to get to a pull. i plan on doing the MLM, J&H, and VTPA events again this year.

and i don't believe MLM will permit drugs in any class from now on.

Thanks for the #, and PM"s! Looks like the twins put me in the next class this year. Now I've got to get all the little stuff figured out weight, E-stop, breakaway switch, guards, ect. I should be able to make all the local stuff including J&H until July, then its back to 24/7/12hr+ work.

Looks like the J&H event is up in the air, I saw this on there site:

*** Date to be announced - sorry for any inconvenience! ***

BBD

Hope they get it set in stone fast cuz I need to get my vacation time put in for that weekend.

Joe

Back