Mls Head gasket on a Vp Truck

Pony_Kegger

I have a 2000 truck that i want to know if i can put a Cr headgasket on. we have had great luck with it and 625s on our 3rd gens. I want to know if i can use it on a 24v second gen

ok how about stock gasket, orings and 625's????? if that won't hold what you running, you better be lookin at fire rings(i hate fire rings personally... 2 bad experiences with them on my truck), funny thing is is some guys with commonrails go to the oring setup to hold more than the MLS will......

Wes

so when somone o-rings a 3rd gen and uses at 2nd gen gasket they have to drill/move the oil holes in the gasket.

I also would like to know if you can modify an MLS gasket to work on VP truck looks like rear cooling port is an issue also ?

what did you figure out with the mls gasket putting on vp truck im in process of taken head off and dont know what gasket to use to hold boost and drive pressure ??

Don't try and reinvent the wheel on this one. Stock gasket, o-rings, studs. Problem solved.

If you search a bit you will find that the MLS gasket needs a very smooth surface to seal properly. By the time you have the block and head skim cut you may decide that orings and studs were a better deal. Just something to consider.

... try for at least 10RA - the 60 or so from a standard cut will NOT cut it.

Kopper Koat helps in a pinch when forced to use an MLS with out-of-spec finishes.

Back