MO state fair pull on the 16th & 17th

Just ran across this on the NWMTPA website, looking at the rules I found this:

All contestants may enter only one (1) class. Only the top five (5)
from each association will advance to Monday in front of the
Grandstand. All pulling classes may be reassessed for the
evening show.
Separate entry form and $10 hook fee per class must be in
Association's office by August 1, 2009. Each vehicle may only enter
one class in qualifying round. No entries will be accepted after
August 1.

So you had to be in an association and registered by Aug. 1st? Is that what it means?

Also noticed the work stock class is 2.5" inlet vs. 2.6"...

Thanks!

thats about dumb since no trucks in MO now run 2.5 chargers, good luck with the pull

Well I'm not in any of the associations listed so I didn't know if I could even pull?

I'd have to swap chargers too if I could go...

You can't go, probably not worth it.
They lump all of the guys together, the 3.0 open driveline with the 2.8 guys.
Supposedly last year the 3.0 guys were supposed to give up weight and/or hitch height. Well the 3.0 guys said they couldn't get the hitches any lower.
This year I just got informed that there will be no hitch/weight drops. So basically they have a 3.0 class and a 2.5 class
I called about the 2.5 class and tried to explain to the gentleman that no one in one of the approved associations runs a 2.5. NWTPA has a 2.6 class, but he said, "this is what was voted on at the first of the year"

Really just seems like a waist, I might go and spectate as I haven't been to the MO state fair yet.

I don't think the show me smokers are an approved association are they?

Don't know why they wouldn't be. They need to let the smokers put the pull on. The MO state fair is the biggest joke each and every year. There isn't one single person that has a clue about diesel pulling in that group. And it shows. MMTTPA isn't any better either. They have absolutely no idea what is going on with the sport. After being at a pull with them this year (which will be my last). You could tell they didn't have a clue what they were looking at when they were teching the trucks either. They thought my fuel tanks were nitrous or something. Even though the line is about 1 1/2 foot long and goes straight over to my AirDog. I couldn't believe it. :bang They are the reason diesel sled pulling sucks in MO. Hopefully the state fair will open their eyes next year and see there are many trucks that want to pull but can't when you have clowns like them running things.