Mobil 1 "Turbo Diesel" syn?

BAF250

Lead - Follow- or Move !!
Is that the Mobil 1 you all are using, from walmart?

I looked at oil filters at Walmart Fram & Motorcraft,
I couldn't tell a difference.
Fram 1$ less.

You're right the frams looked identical when I compared to the motorcraft too. I went with the motorcraft anyways, I've read too many bad things about Fram. I stopped using them years ago. Though in this case, I'm sure they're the same...

Cut them apart and see the difference. Nothing made by FRAM will ever go on one of my vehicles. Wix or Fleetguard.

Cut them apart and see the difference. Nothing made by FRAM will ever go on one of my vehicles. Wix or Fleetguard.

I've done this with the screw on frams, and you are right. However the filters we use on our 6.0's look identical...nothing to cut in half here, you can see inside and out. They're not a screw on type.

the Fram's for the 6.0 are repackaged Racors which are the exact same filter that's in the Motorcraft box. That's why the price of the filter vs. other fram's is so much more because they are the same filter. They have the same patent numbers stamped on them. If you took one out of a Motorcraft box and one out of a Fram box and mixed them up you would never know which was which.

I bought a bunch of them when Pep Boys ran their 2 Fram filters for $7 deal last year. Made out like a bandit! :rockwoot:

oil_filters.jpg

I ran a fram filter in my truck one time and at 4500 miles it colapsed and i lost all of my oil pressure. I'll never use another on.

I just run the filters you buy at ford and regular rotela oil. nothing fancy for me.

I've done this with the screw on frams, and you are right. However the filters we use on our 6.0's look identical...nothing to cut in half here, you can see inside and out. They're not a screw on type.

I wasn't even thinking straight. Forgot that it was a cartridge instead of spin on.

I ran a fram filter in my truck one time and at 4500 miles it colapsed and i lost all of my oil pressure. I'll never use another on.

Was this in a 6.0 or another truck? They are the same filter as it the dealership sells.

Ya it was in an 03 F250. They look identical but i have never had any problems other then that one time.

Ya it was in an 03 F250. They look identical but i have never had any problems other then that one time.

interesting. it could happen with any filter i assume. they dont just look identical, they are in fact the same exact filter.

Motorcraft and Mobil 1 from walmart I prefer the valvoline blue syn. But not available in my area. Anybody ever order their oil online if so where the best place to get it? Not trying to hijack!

You can always head down to a local Valvoline oil change place. I don't know why they couldn't get your their own product.

Back