Modded VGT or non VGT

What's better to upgrade to?

• Total voters
I loved my VGT-ss(modded VGT). I think it was the best combo for 190's.

you have to state you goals before deciding. This is a false poll until we understand your hp goals

You have to be specific with what the engine has to do before you ask what kind of turbo. Would you order a torque converter without knowing the size and power output of an engine or the weight of the vehicle?

You have to be specific with what the engine has to do before you ask what kind of turbo. Would you order a torque converter without knowing the size and power output of an engine or the weight of the vehicle?

for once he makes sense

If you have 190 or less injector I would get a non vgt...anything else you have to look elsewhere. I will tell you with my 225s the vgtss wouldnt clean them up without alot of:nos:

Sorry guys. It will be paired with 190s. I dont plan to spray. Looking for 500 maybe. Does that help?

Colin, just call Doug, his cell is 954-275-6801 He will answer, he is a night owl!

Can I change my mind... I personally would rather have a bb than a vgt...

I might go the same route... a bb turbo and 190 cc injectors

A bb turbo? Are you saying Ball Bearing? How are you equating a difference in Ball Bearing to Variable Geometry Turbine.

You could say you wanted a conventional turbo with a fixed aspect ratio on the turbine housing. And then decide if you want a wastegated housing or non wastegated housing.

Then you could have the conflict with Ball Bearing vs Journal Bearing supports for the shaft.

Its kind of hard to edit it now....

I meant the non vgt... I had my mind set on the turbonetics 64mm or 70mm... are they not a ball bearing turbo?

I am no turbo expert so thanks for clarifying that

Turbonetics has a ceramic ball bearing on one side and a regular bearing on the other. Its on their website, but it looks like someone forgot to keep typing in the product information because it just sorta stops in the middle of them telling you why its better. Maybe its IE.

Back