mods to run an S300 turbo

cumminsbronco

I've obtained an S300 turbo from my son, and he is going to use my hx35 on a twin setup on his S10 5.9.
I've got a 95 175horse motor in my Suburban and I am needing to know what mods I should do in order to make good use of the S300 turbo. I'll be towing a 32' enclosed car hauler @ 10K max weight.
Any suggestions.
Thanks, from the newbie

Depends what size the 300 is, if its a 62 it will work great, if its a 66 it won't tow

if its just a s300g it will be perfect from stock to just about 400hp. i would tune your pump till you are fueling well for 40psi. don't go over that if you don't have head studs

When the boost combabulates the decombabulator to a point beyond the x axis of the y membrane carry the 1 and blam blown head gasket, simple math really.

It is a s300g071 or so the model # on the tag says.
So, I'm hearing that it would be a decent turbo for my stock motor. I guess that's the good news. The bad news is my son would like it back. Evidently, a couple diesel shops have told him that he would be better off with the S300 than the hx35 to run with the HT3B.
Guess I'll go back to modding my motor along with the hx35

When the boost combabulates the decombabulator to a point beyond the x axis of the y membrane carry the 1 and blam blown head gasket, simple math really.

I don't remember that from math class but I understand hg blowing now. LOL

It is a s300g071 or so the model # on the tag says.
So, I'm hearing that it would be a decent turbo for my stock motor. I guess that's the good news. The bad news is my son would like it back. Evidently, a couple diesel shops have told him that he would be better off with the S300 than the hx35 to run with the HT3B.
Guess I'll go back to modding my motor along with the hx35

By specs we mean inducer and exh wheel size, and exh housing size.

ex: 62mm inducer, 65mm exh, 12cm exh housing.

A S300 can have alot of different wheels and housings, its just the model of the turbo.

Last edited:
Back