monitor recommendations

anmetcalf

I am looking at getting a SCT and I want a monitor to monitor my engine better. I prefer the clean look of a monitor over gauges. What monitor do you guys recommend for a 06 6.0.

Thank you in advance.

i have a bully dog outlook but have had tons of problems. i am now on my 3rd one and the backlight went out. it's out of warranty now so i won't be getting a 4th.

anmetcalf said:
I am looking at getting a SCT and I want a monitor to monitor my engine better. I prefer the clean look of a monitor over gauges. What monitor do you guys recommend for a 06 6.0.

Thank you in advance.

Why not go with a Livewire?

nummit said:
Why not go with a Livewire?

When the livewire first came out I was very excited about it and almost went right out and ordered one. Now I have little to no interested in it. It is big, bulky and ugly. Further more I have yet to see a clean way to install it. I really like the look a an a-pillar mount with say the quadzilla commander.

anmetcalf said:
When the livewire first came out I was very excited about it and almost went right out and ordered one. Now I have little to no interested in it. It is big, bulky and ugly. Further more I have yet to see a clean way to install it. I really like the look a an a-pillar mount with say the quadzilla commander.

There is a mount for the livewire in the A-pillar. Or you could mount it like I did here.

anmetcalf said:

I have never owned one so I can't speak from personal experience but I have read many posts about people having trouble with the Commander.

Flopster843 said:
There is a mount for the livewire in the A-pillar. Or you could mount it like I did here.

Nice install

Yea, I would recommend staying away from the Commander. Mine is virtually unusable except for reading EGTs...

TS Performance MPD, with the heads up display is the way to go. Give Dennis or Sheila a call at TS.

that dashdaq thing is pretty sweet looking. not sure if it works with sct, I think it does. however, my commander has been working good so far. I recommend chris at amjperformance.com

I've had my commander for about a month now and have had no problems. I won't really recommend it right now but maybe in a year. It was an easy install and I like the display.

If I did decide to go with gauges what all do I really need? I already have boost, but would like a better one than the factory. I already have tranny temp and feel the factory one is probably good enough. I do know that I, with out a doubt, need EGT.

The more I think about it maybe gauges are they way to go. I just prefer not to lose my grab handle and like the looks of a digital read out.

Also I like the feature that edges will keep your truck running until the egts get down to 400 degrees.

Decisions. decisions, decisions...........

anmetcalf said:
If I did decide to go with gauges what all do I really need? I already have boost, but would like a better one than the factory. I already have tranny temp and feel the factory one is probably good enough. I do know that I, with out a doubt, need EGT.

The more I think about it maybe gauges are they way to go. I just prefer not to lose my grab handle and like the looks of a digital read out.

Also I like the feature that edges will keep your truck running until the egts get down to 400 degrees.

Decisions. decisions, decisions...........

IMO you should get Fuel Pressure, EGT, Boost and Transmission.If you want to keep the grab handle get an overhead pod.
I'm not sure how accurate the factory boost gauge is, but I can tell you the factory transmission gauge is crap.
Read here:

http://www.intellidog.com/dieselmann/b_smoke13.htm

Flopster843 said:

By far you have the cleanest install of anyone I know. By the way, that is a great install article